~36~

trigger warning: light mention of drugs, descriptions of a panic attack, blood, domestic violence, and death.

i did my very best to be as concise with it as possible while also filling in some, if not most, of the blanks i've left throughout the story about harry's past and other hints that connect to him in general.

with that in mind, if these warnings affect you in any way please dm me and i'll be more than happy to summarize the flashback for u.

again, your mental health matter more to me than my silly story <3

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

* 25 weeks preggo *

Thunder always came without warning.

As much as news outlets warned us about all the rain to come in a day — even a week —, there was never a clear way to tell when or how much the thunder would grumble when it did.

Unlike most people, I found it oddly comforting. It only ever shook me up if I was driving or nowhere near home, but other than that it'd always have me sinking deeper into my bed and declaring it an off day from any tasks I had planned.

It was the anticipation that came with thunder that made it so symbolic in my eyes. It carried so much weight with it that somehow the rain didn't seem as scary whenever it showered over us.

Just as rare as it is to see a rainy day out here, it was just as infrequent to feel the thunder's claps vibrating underneath the balls of my feet and reaching so deep I could feel it in my bones.

It's a known fact that in the rain I've found a refuge unlike no other.

Some of my richest memories have also involved the rain as an antagonist like in a Nicholas Sparks film.

My first time driving a car, Ember and I's first time getting drunk and running out of the party and laying in the middle of the driveway while the music played from somewhere inside the house, my first time eating Cane's with Harry and realizing that day that there was more to him that just a stark façade, and now my first evening alone soaking in the knowledge of becoming a boy mom.

I would've been the happiest person in the world regardless of whatever that envelope said – granted, I already was with the fact that I was even pregnant in general –, but somewhere deep down my gut felt as though I was meant to be outnumbered by testosterone in my own home.

The same dream I kept having over and over of us sitting under an orange tree in our backyard finally cleared up enough for me to see him all grown up with messy hair like his dad's cheesing all big with the most adorable dimples and holding the purest perspective of life I could only hope he holds for as long as possible.

My feet were aching by the time we finished dancing all around the living room that night, and as if we hadn't been living it up for hours already, we decided that the night was still too young for us to clock out and we did a whole sleepover.