~11~

This week has been quite

This week has been quite... confusing to say the least.

After talking with Billie about my offer for her to be my date for the dinner, I took the highway up to Malibu and rested there for a few hours until the rain let up once it started pouring again after I left.

I wish I could tell you how I got back to my place, but I barely remember waking up to the morning heat shining through the car's window and the sea breeze blowing through the small crack I'd apparently let open the night before.

I opened the door to find countless beer bottles carelessly tossed on the ground before I took my time picking them up and putting them in a bag before throwing them in the trash bin nearby.

In Malibu I found peace, it's why I ended up there in the first place every single time.

Any time my mind became flooded with questions I didn't know the answer to, but also didn't bother to ask anyone, it didn't take me much to find my way back here. A deep inhale of the salty air was enough to clear my lungs and alleviate the floods coursing through my brain on a constant loop.

Driving under the cloud's lament felt like each water drop pelting against my windshield was a sharp needle piercing through my skin and with every coat of it, it inched me back closer to a woeful Autumn's rain I'd rather not remember.

For the first time in a long time, wrapped in the warm solace of my car's heat after skipping over puddles and running from the rain's threat to cut the surface with Billie, it didn't hurt.

Anyways, fittings went over surprisingly well yesterday morning with Billie and the guys.

She arrived right on the dot and didn't waste a second in going full on work mode and sort through every garment bag for every guy, checking if any of us needed any further adjustments in the fitting and sending us off with our clothes once she was finished.

She wore a simple outfit compared to her normal ensembles which were quite impressive in juxtaposition to my usual standard fits.

The sheer long sleeved blouse did little to hide the silky white bralette she had underneath. The blouse was lazily tucked into a pair of distressed jean shorts and some chunky boots that matched the attire rather nicely.

My shirt was the only thing I could say had a speck of color to it all, given that my trousers were plain black along with my trainers, my hair being clipped up to keep the curls from falling down onto my forehead.

I, on the other hand, had a more sporty approach to my clothing yesterday, seeing as though I'd only be there for about an hour or so before heading to the track for some training hours I'd been slacking at making up for in the past month and Matthew was already breathing down my neck about it.