~03~

Serendipity

Serendipity.

Surely a word I never pictured myself using to describe how my life has been panning out to be.

... And also a word I've most likely not used since writing a high school paper.

Every time Ember would describe to me the beaches out here and how relaxing they'd be, I'd sit on the backyard of my old house and picture myself feeling the water tickle my skin as it washed in and out of shore, leaving a line of sea foam behind kissing the tips of my fingers before the water came back to erase the lines I began to trace on the dampened surface.

The waters in the Malibu shoreline welcomed me with tranquil sounds, doting me with their healing mists and relaxing currents that caress my body and keeps it from falling through the rumbling tempest rising to plummet my intents of taking steps forwards without the risk of being shoved back abruptly.

The salty grains tickling my toes dust off with every step I take, replacing themselves with a new portion each time and blowing off each time more.

It's been a few weeks since our night out when I first got here and a couple of days since I got a call that my sweet Blue was finally being delivered.

Blue and I go way back. She was my first ever car gifted by my parents on my seventeenth birthday after I got my license. Back in the day, she was literally only worth pocket change and wouldn't even start unless I kicked on a specific spot right over the gas pedal, but over the years I fixed her up with Hunter's help and now she's hotter than me, and that's saying much.

My girl is a light blue modern Land Rover Defender with cream leather seats. The flooring is completely covered in a dated carpet that acts as mats and it gives it a kick of nostalgia my heart craves on a daily basis.

After many repairs, she's as good as new, though the engine has a history of letting me down, but by giving her a few startups with the ignition, she's ready to go anywhere you take her

I told Ember we should go out for the rest of the day and just drive around the city so I could familiarize myself with it and maybe even make a list of some places I'd like to visit later.