~19~

ϟ  this is a double update, make sure to read ch. 18  before moving forward! ϟ

As a racer, time was the overriding constant in my life

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

As a racer, time was the overriding constant in my life.

Whether it was beating records, keeping an eye on my laps or making sure I was on time for the next one, it was something that consumed my life, and the clock felt like it drilled holes in my mind with the ticking noise it made inside my head.

I never really escaped it, or tried to, at least. Just like Stockport, it's all I've ever known, but only for a better portion of it.

Time traveling while disassociating was more common for me than you'd think. I learned to cheat my way through the loophole of different influences I'd been introduced to during my time behind the wheel as a pro.

If I remember even a snippet of what happened from one point to another, consider it a miracle from above.

I could count in one hand the amount of times the clock ticked slower to a possible stop, or maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on my innocent mind. And even so, there'd still be a few fingers left out to add to the moments I simply have no recollection of.

To my surprise, time actually stopped completely for the first time in not so long.

The clock didn't just stop, the damn thing went nonexistent.

I could only focus on one thing at a time when this happens, and right now the girl sitting on the couch seems to be my target.

She was sitting with her legs hugged against her chest, her sweater engulfing her arms loosely and her feet crossed over each other over the cushion.

She was breathing slightly more heavily than before, but her body seemed to be tense in expectancy to my reaction.

I... I truly don't know what the fuck just happened.

From the moment the words practically blew out of her, my mind went from juggling a thousand words per second to complete blankness faster than I could ever even manage to speed at any race.

I could only ask for her to repeat herself to make sure I wasn't making shit up, but when she even pointed at the evidence where the child is actually growing inside of her, I was well and truly at a loss of words.

There was no part of me that could make it make sense, but it didn't help how the smallest tremble of her hand makes me wonder how long she's kept this to herself.

"Congratulations, I'm having your baby."

Her words were ringing in my ear to the point where I had to bring the heel of my palm to cover my ear for a moment and help clear the noise.

I've kept my gaze fully fixated on her this entire time, watching how her eyebrows are still creased and a subtle frown was painted over her features, making her chin scrunch a little with her bottom lip jutted out in the slightest. Her eyes seemed to mirror my own, almost as if we're both just waiting for the next pin to drop.