Chapter 27

Yo guys, I'm not dead!! (I will correct this chapter another day, so sorry for all the mistakes)

**********

Taehyung's POV:

"When will you tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"Don't pretend you don't know what I mean."

This afternoon, I invited Kai at my place, since I didn't have the time to get to know him during our training days. He was such a legend in the K-pop industry so working with him without taking the time to enjoy his company was such a shame.

It started really well and he was indeed really kind and friendly, it was a pleasure to spend some time with him. We ordered food at a sushi shop and ate in my living room, on the dining table, talking about everything. But after some time, our conversation shifted to my relationship with Yoohyeon and I knew what he was talking about, I just didn't want to talk about it.

"I really don't know what you mean." I tried again. Maybe I was going to convince him.

"I'm not stupid, Taehyung." He sighed before leaning on the table, his chin on his hands. "What do you feel for her?"

The question I was avoiding so much. Even to myself, I didn't want to think about it, because I knew where it was going to lead us, and I didn't want that to happen, especially to Yoohyeon.

"Taehyung, please tell me." He said softly, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. "We both know that this whole story won't end well, and I just want to help you."

How did he know?! How could he guess something like that when even Yoohyeon didn't have a clue on what was happening? But in fact, he was right. I had to do something about this, and I knew he could help me. So I had to trust him on this.

"So tell me, do you love her?" He asked with a friendly smile.

"Yes, I do." I answered honestly. "But not romantically."

Suddenly, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulder. As if I didn't have to carry this burden alone anymore. And it felt good to finally have someone to talk about it.

"And when did you realize that?"

"I... guess I always knew? I just didn't want to face the reality..." I admitted, looking down, too ashamed to meet his eyes.

"I can understand that." He said, giving a light squeeze to my shoulder. Did he?! I just delayed the moment I was going to break Yoohyeon's heart and he still understood? "Yoohyeon looks really happy in your new relationship and I can see you care a lot about her, so I can understand that it's hard to stop everything."

"Thank you, hyung. Honestly, I feel like I'm the evil one in the story. But now you made me feel a bit better about that." I smiled back at him. "But it's so frustrating you know. I had a lot of relationships in my life but I never fell in love. Am I meant to... stay alone?"

I knew it sounded stupid but it was really how I felt at the moment. Yoohyeon was just so perfect and I loved more than anything spending time with her. But still, I couldn't catch this feeling of love and I honestly hated myself for that.

"So you never fell in love?"

"No..."

"Not even once? Boys or girls..."

Boys or girls? Why did he say that? What was he thinking about? It wasn't not like I was interested in guys, I never...

Damn, now I knew what he meant. Jungkook. I remembered the time when his father slapped me for kissing his son. At that time, I felt hurt and scared but after some days, I was proud of what I did, and especially proud of how he stood up for me. It was the first time he was raising his voice in front of his father, and I could see his hands tremble behind his back. But even though he was only 18, he was the bravest man ever to my eyes.