Chapter 12: Yoohyeon's past (part 3)

Yoohyeon's POV:

Once again, Minji was right. Wasting training time hanging out with others led Siyeon, Dami and I to defeat while her team and her destroyed the boys. After this defeat, I felt so disappointed, so guilty. But not only because we lost, but also because Minji was right all this time. She knew what she was talking about while I was just pushing her to stop training for some time. Our break up was only my fault and I felt so bad for this. I had just been humiliated by a group of boys and my girlfriend had dumped me because of my ignorance. I felt like everything was going wrong, that all the good things I had in my life were slipping through my hands.

After this mission, our agency took us out of the survival to attend our tour in Brazil. Our manager went to pick us by car in front of the building and waited for us to do our last goodbyes to the other contestants. I hugged them one by one, wishing them good luck for the rest of the survival and finally arrived in front of Ryujin, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you for taking good care of her during those weeks." I thanked her, still hugging her.

"It was the least I could do. And... I'm so sorry for your break up, it's all my fault..." She said, pulling back and looking down.

"W-What? How did you know?" I whispered-yelled, shocked about her knowing. "And of course not, why would it be your fault?" I asked her, putting my hands on her shoulders, making her look at me.

"It was kind of obvious." She smiled. "And maybe Jiu unnie told me too."

"She told you?"

"Yes, she did. That night when you came to our room, you remember? Once you left, she told me how incredible and beautiful you were. I then asked if you were dating and she confirmed it. But a few days after, she came back crying and told me you broke up. It's because I sent you to her, no? Because you scolded her and she didn't like it, right?"

"Of course not! There was already some tension between us before that, so I think that was the final straw..." I reassured her sadly.

"Okay, I understand. Well, I hope it will get better between you, at least as friends."

"I hope so too." I smiled at her, hugging her again. "Goodbye Ryujin, take care of yourself."

"Thank you unnie, take care of yourself too."

I let go of her and smiled to the contestants one last time before going in the car, sitting next to Siyeon. Yubin sat behind us while Minji sat in the front but as soon as I got in the car, I could feel her stare on me through the rear mirror, and it made me feel more than uncomfortable. Luckily, Siyeon's hand on mine quickly helped me to feel better.

It has been one week since she broke up with me and the pain was still the same, not leaving me for even a second. Every night, I wanted so much to let go of this pain and let all the tears I held inside go out but I couldn't, my roommates would have ask questions. Luckily, our song was a sad one so I didn't need to pretend to be happy. Insomnias would have noticed otherwise.

But when I watched Minji do her sexy-cute performance, I didn't see a hint of sadness. Yet, Ryujin told me she was crying after our break up and she still loved me when we were together. Well, at least that was what I was thinking before but her emotionless expression made me doubt even her previous feelings for me. Or did she really move on that fast? So our relationship meant that little to her?

I raised my head to focus my attention from my lap to the road in front of us but met her eyes in the rear mirror. My heart suddenly fastened and I tightened my grip on Siyeon's hands, trying to find some comfort. Was she looking at me since we left?