Chapter 23

Happy 26th birthday to the best girl out there Kim Yoohyeon!

**********

Minji's POV:

'Hey unnie! I'm busy right now so no need to call. See you tomorrow!'

What did she mean by 'I'm busy'? What was she doing? Was she with Taehyung? They couldn't be doing something inappropriate since she was answering me, right? But why didn't she want me to call her? Was she still trying to avoid me? But didn't she tell me a few days ago that I was the most important person to her? Then why was she running away from me?

Too much questions were in my head and I had no answer for any of them. This evening, I chose to go to bed early, to try to escape from reality with sleep but it had been two hours since I said good night to the others and still nothing happened. It was now past midnight and even Siyeon was asleep but here I was, turning over and over again in my bed without being able to fall asleep. Today had been hell, every single second, I couldn't help but think about the day before and regret that I didn't confess right away. And now that I was in my bed with nothing to do, this same though was haunting my mind even more. If only I had kissed her on that bench, if only I had told everything to her in front of the movie, if only I had prevented her from entering Yubin's room, then I would be with her by now. But the ifs were useless and she was now in the arms of someone else, miles away from me.

"Kim Minji, I beg you, stop moving!" Siyeon suddenly said.

"Oh, sorry Siyeona..." Damn, now I was even annoying my roommate.

"What is happening to you? You always fall asleep quickly."

"I... I don't know." I lied. I didn't want her to know that I was trying to ask Yoohyeon out again but mostly, I didn't want to bother her with my heart problems.

"Stop lying to me unnie. I know that something is on your mind. Just tell me, it's okay."

"Hum... i-it's Sua's gift, I couldn't find it." I lied again.

I knew that she would do anything to help me to get better because she hated seeing me down. So I would have rather tell her something she could fix than something that was hard to do, especially seeing how Yoohyeon ran away from me yesterday.

But the only answer I received was a deep sigh. Of course, she kept saying that to me all the time, I was a really bad liar. I heard her covers move and, a few seconds later, she was in my bed, hugging me tightly. Without any hesitation, I hugged her back, I needed it so badly, a bit of comfort. It wasn't from the person I wished for but Siyeon was my best friend and her hugs were the best.

"It's Yoohyeon." She suddenly said.

How did she guess? Did Sua tell her anything? What she just told me surprised me a lot but after thinking about it, it was pretty normal. We knew each other for more than 10 years, she was my soulmate and she knew me like no one else. Of course she could guess what was bothering me.

"I can imagine it's hard to let her go." She continued when she didn't receive any answer from me. "Sua unnie is the love of my life and I can't imagine living without her. So I can totally understand what you can feel unnie."

I wanted so much to tell her how I felt about it, that I just wanted to confess to Yoohyeon and tell her what happened, but I knew Siyeon would have never excepted. She was against this relationship since Minx and even Sua told me to not tell anything to her. But even if I knew what she felt about Yoohyeon and I together, I wanted to know what she thought about this whole situation with Taehyung.

"What do you thing they are doing this weekend?" I asked in the crook of her neck.

"I don't know, probably hanging out together."