Chapter 18

Taehyung's POV:

"Oh, here you are." I said out of breath, finally finding her hidden in a storage room.

After spending 30 minutes with uninteresting people telling me how talented I was or how perfect I would be for their daughters, I managed to escape from them and started searching for Yoohyeon but quickly found her getting drunk on glasses of whisky. I tried to help her but she tried to kiss me before loudly crying and running away from me. And here I was now, standing in a storage room with a crying Yoohyeon all curled up on the floor.

"Look at me Yoohyeon, and tell me what happened. Why did you drink that much?" I asked with a soft voice, kneeling in front of her.

"I... I just want to... to be alone." She tried to say between her sobs.

"Okay, don't move from here, I'm coming back in a few minutes." I announced, standing up and running out of the room.

I had to sober her up a bit before taking her back to the hotel, she couldn't stay here in this state. And I had to hurry because who knew what she could do while I was away. I ran to the bar and asked for some water but the barman seemed to take all his time to find the good bottle and the good glass, so I just took the bottle from his hands and went to the appetizers. At least, she was going to have some water for the car ride too with this. I took a whole plate and ran back to where I left her but suddenly bumped into someone just before the staff area, almost making the food in my hand fall.

"Sorry." I quickly bowed before realizing who it was. "Oh, Kai hyung, I'm sorry." I bowed again and headed to the door.

"Wait!" He stopped me in my tracks.

"Yeah?" I turned around quickly.

"Can't you read? It's written 'Staff only' on this door." He said.

"Hum... yes I know but... I have something to do inside." I tried to think of a lie. I couldn't tell him Yoohyeon was completely drunk and was crying her eyes out in a storage room.

"Don't worry, someone is already taking care of her, you can breathe."

"W-What are you taking about?" I asked, confused.

"Yoohyeon. She is in good hands, you don't have to worry." He smiled warmly at me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"How do you know that? And who is with her?" I asked in a hurry. I couldn't let anyone with her, she looked so vulnerable and weak while being drunk. It could be so easy to hurt her and I couldn't let that happen. "No, I told her I was going to come back to her." I remembered, going back to the door.

"No." Kai insisted, taking the water bottle from my hand as a hostage.

"Hey, I need that!" I started to lose patience.

"I told you, V. Someone is already taking care of her and honestly, I think that two persons at the same time won't help her a lot."

"Who is the person?" I pushed him to tell me.

"Someone I trust."

"Okay." I sighed. "But if anything happens to her, I'll make sure you regret it, because it will be all your fault." At this point, I knew he would neither let me see her nor tell me who's with her. So the only thing I could do was reminding him the power I had, to be able to protect Yoohyeon as much as I could.

"And I take full responsibility for it." He agreed.

I sighed, knowing that I couldn't say anything to make him change his mind. I wanted so much to go back to her and take care of her. She didn't get drunk for nothing and, when I met her eyes, I could read how hurt she was at that moment. This sight only broke my heart, I wanted so much to hug her tightly and protect her from what could have make her feel this way. I didn't know why but since I met her, I always felt the need to be by her side and always check on her, especially since she told me about her past. She was always hiding her pain behind pretty smiles when in fact she was suffering from loneliness and abandonment. And I wanted to help her. After all, she was the one taking me out of this infernal tornado of success, reminding me what it was like to be normal again.