Chapter 28

(Chapter song ‘New World Order’ by Thomas Bergersen)
KITA

I run through the fight, biting legs as I go.  The ice power crawls up their leg and they fall. 
Wolves are fighting all around me and I’ve lost everyone.  I look up and shoot off the ground like a rocket.  I stop in midair and search the battle. 
I can’t find Graham.  Wildly, my eyes scan the bodies.  I search then double back.  There.
I see Graham about to attack a fighter when Lefu hits him on the back of the head.
“Graham!” I fly to his position, but it’s too late.  Lefu grabs him and he transports to the other side.  I waited impatiently for him to come and he never did.  Now, I’m worried. 
I see Adam and fly to him.  He punches a soldier then turns his head.  He looks to the ground then up at me.  “Where’s Graham?”  He growls.
I shift and land.  “He's on the other side, but…”
He spins around and holds out his arm.  “Take me to him now.”
“I can't.”  I push his arm away.  “I can only cross to my dimensional pocket.  I need him to take us over.”
Sawyer grabs Adam’s shoulder and turns him.  “Hey.  Lefus gone.”
Adam crosses his arms.  “He must be with Graham.”
“That’s what I was about to say.  I saw him transport with him.”  I say with worry.
“Now, Rex has all he needs to destroy the worlds.”  Adam’s face fill with frustration.
“No.  Have faith.  Graham will come through.”  I try to reassure.
He points in my face.  “He better or it’s his ass I’m tearing apart first.”  He snarls then runs off to continue the fight.
“What do we do now?”  I ask Sawyer.
He grabs my arm.  “Survive.” 
He pulls me back into the fight and we hit the wolves with everything we have. 
I throw punches and kicks, spin around and drop to a knee.  I grab a wolf by the head and electrocute his brain.  He seizes and hits the ground.
Another jumps at me from behind and I twist.  I plant a hand on his chest and set him on fire.  He falls screaming in the flame.  Others around him panic as they catch on fire. 
Explosions happen off in the distance.  Deacon and Cass are throwing Jenny’s potions at them and their trucks which explode into the air in a giant fireball. 
Ember is stabbing wolves with her arrows and they collapse to their deaths.  She raises her bow and fires three quick shots.
Sawyer and Oliver fire shots of silver and into them.
“VAMPS!” 
They descend on us like a blood thirsty wall. 
Their green eyes glow and their fangs drip in drool. 
I stood and was hit like I just got run over. 
As we skid across the mud, he holds onto me and I push his head back as he tries to bite my neck.  My hand turns red hot and his eyes widen.  His cheek bursts into flames then his whole body goes up. 
He thrashes as the fire consumes him. 
“Filthy creature.”  I growl.  I look around and raise my hands.  I lunge and throw fire out like a flame thrower.  Several catch and run screaming. 
I run and another group of Vamps chase me until a group of Dires hit them from the side.  The squeals of pain burned my ears as the Dires tore them to shreds, completely unaffected by their bites. 
Lycans roared out as they tore Vamps and Falcon wolves in half. 
The Phoenix Alphas entered the field.  Stakes at the ready.  After freezing a vamp, I watch them all run into the battle and stab the Vamps in the heart. 
Ash throws punches then jams the stake into a head.  Peter throws his stake and Darcy pushes it in further as the vamp falls. 
Brody had a vamp in a headlock, stabbed him in the chest and ripped his head off. 
Mateo and Hunter tackle vamp after vamp, subduing them and letting our fighters tear them apart. 
I shift and run through the bloody mud.  I continue to bite calves, freezing them then telekinetically throwing them into a pile of Dire Wolves to be eaten. 
I was just about to attack again when a thunderous explosion happened just at the edge of the field.
Bright, deep blue light blinded us and a shockwave knocked half the battle over. 
I was thrown across the ground and landed on Sawyer.  I shift and slowly raise myself.  My eyes widen and ice cold shivers run through me.
The ground begins to shake as a two dimensional blue and gold wall seemingly cuts the world in half out of nowhere.
“What the hell is that?”  Sawyer grabs my arm.
“No…”  I hitch.
The wall thunders and lightning streaks across it as the earth shakes violently.
The entire battle starts to panic.  Some run away as the blue veil grows and becomes more threatening. 
“It can’t…”  I whisper.
“Kita…what is it?”  Sawyer asks again.
“It’s Rex.”  I choke. 

****

GRAHAM

“Unhand me!”  Lefu roars. 
We’re shoved into what looks like a base camp.  I spy a mirror just at the other end and get my bearings.  I may need that. 
Rex stands in front of me.  “We’ve been looking for you.  You’re a tough man to get a hold of.” 
I raise my chin.  My hands are cuffed in silver behind my back.  “I won’t do it.”  I look to Lefu.  “He won’t either.”  I turn back to Rex.
He steps up to me.  “I don’t see where I gave you the choice.  I will get my world and you will help me.”
He reaches behind him and pulls out the Reaper.  “And thanks to this…”  He walks over to Lefu whose been chained in Iron.  He shows Lefu the blade and Lefus eyes narrow. 
Rex stares into his eyes and drives the Reaper into his side.  Lefu screams and arches back.  Yellow light explodes from his eyes and mouth.
I jut back and my jaw drops in shock as his lycan is ripped from him. 
Rex slowly turns his head to me.  “Death is mine now.”  He smirks. 
Lefu falls to his knees and drool drops from his lips. 
I watch in fear as Lefu struggles with his weakness. 
Rex walks back to me spinning the knife in his hand.  My eyes meet his and my mouth goes small.  The Falcons around us chuckle and grin evilly as he places the blade with Lefus blood on it against my cheek.  “Now.  Open the bridge.”
I press my lips together and shake my head no.
He nods then lands a solid punch to my cheek.  My face explodes in pain and I double over.  He grabs my hair, looks into my eyes and his cosmic god shows.  “OPEN THE BRIDGE!”  The ground shakes as his voice booms.  I feel like my body is about to rip apart. 
Shaking, again I refuse. 
He lifts me up and delivers two punches to my gut and a right hook. 
I grind out the pain and huff breaths.  He lifts my head.  “Open the bridge or I tear your little fox friend to fucking pieces!” 
“You'd...do it…anyway.”  I pant. 
He walks away.  “You’re right.  I would.”  He turns back around.  “How about this?”  He steps back to me and I raise my eye to him.  “You open the bridge and I won’t stab you with this thing, turning you human and leaving your ass here…with them.”  He motions the blade to the men crowded behind him.
My eyes turn to the soldiers who are cracking knuckles and looking at me like I’m lunch.  They give murderous looks as they chuckle to each other. 
I turn back to Rex's smug face.  My eyes flick to Lefu, who rolls his head to me.  I slowly stand straight and raise my head.  If I can open the bridge, then I can get Lefu out once I get these cuffs off me.  I’ll just slam the door in their faces once we're through.
But how do I open both walls.  I’ve only done one at a time.  I look at nothing as I search my head.
“Time’s ticking, Graham.  We don’t have all night.”  Rex crosses his arms.
‘Two become one.’
The thought entered my mind and I meet Rex's eyes once again. 
“Ok.”  I breathe. 
He nods to his soldiers.  “Get Tanuki.  PREPARE TO CROSS!”
“Wait…what?” 
The huge, shirtless Japanese fighter came out of the crowd.  His hand rests on his katana.  His smug face looks me over and he turns to Lefu. 
Rex looks over his shoulder.  “He goes first.  Plant the pole then I can cross.  Kill anything that gets in the way.”
“Hai.”  Tanuki bows and he lifts Lefu to his feet.
“You'll destroy everything.”  I stitch my brows up and look him over.
“No, Graham.”  He gets right in my space.  “I am everything.”  He sneers.  “Take him to the wall.”
As they stand Lefu up, a dark figure enters the circle.  Lefu raises his head to his Alter.  “What is this?”  He snarls and looks him over with his now solid green eyes.
Alter Lefu, with solid yellow eyes, crosses his arms.  “We will now have the power we need to rule.  The God will help.”
“You can’t trust him.”  Lefu growls. 
“We must.”  Alter Lefu glances at Rex.
“Let’s go.”  Tanuki yanks him to follow.
I’m grabbed and dragged to where they’ve marked out a spot in the field we’re in. 
I look around in front of me.  “Why here?”
“It’s where the worlds meet.  I can see it.”  Rex looks to the sky as a soldier removes my cuffs.
He looks back at me.  “Open it.”  He walks past me as I rub my wrist. 
I look back at Lefu who actually looks scared. 
I slowly stand in between the markers on the ground.
The air in front of me waves then slowly shows a blue color that was transparent at first, but grew opaque as I lifted my open hand to it. 
I let out a breath and placed my hand in the shimmering waves. 
‘Two become one.’
I close my eyes and picture the gold wall on the other side. 
My mind feels like I’m being pulled into the cosmic force and I open my eyes. 
The gold wall thunders and I scream as both walls collide.  I arch back and am hit by lightning directly in the center of my chest.
I whine and huff.  My body shakes as the walls consume me and I raise my head.  The worlds come into view and I look down.  My body turns to swirling blue and gold lights and my face turns to shock as I explode in a bright white light.
The walls sound like a monstrous storm raging around my body.  The heat feels like it’s burning my skin and the cosmic winds circle around me.  My protection bubble does little to keep it at bay. 
Every bone in my body feels crushing pain as the walls merge into one over me and I feel the bridge open. 
I’m held in place by never ending lightning strikes.  My eye flicks to the side and I watch through the cosmic fog as Tanuki, with Lefu in his custody, cross through.  I try to break the connection, but I can’t.  I’m stuck.  What have I done?
“Kita.”  I moan as my eyes turn to my world.  I see the battle rage and stop.
Tanuki drops Lefu on his knees and I hear a crack.  I look up and the two walls begin to break.  “Oh God.”  I heave breaths as the first units cross through.  “No…Please…” 
The soldiers march in tight formations and enter our world.
I pull on my mind as hard as I can, but I can’t break free.  I try to separate the walls, but it’s impossible.  I have to stop this.
It can’t end like this. 
I struggle more as the last of the men hit solid ground.
“THANKS FOR HOLDING THE DOOR, GRAHAM.”
“No…”  My eyes widen as the walls around my body shake uncontrollably.  “NO!”  I scream as I feel the immense, torturous pressure of the cosmic God entering the bridge.  I try to push back, but it’s too powerful.
“DON'T FIGHT ME, GRAHAM.  IT WON'T END WELL.”
He shoves hard into the bridge and I scream.
“SOMEBODY HELP ME!!”