Chapter 3

(Chapter song ‘Bust A Move’ by Young MC)
GRAHAM

I stare at the blonde woman looking for answers.
She scrunches her brow.  “Are you serious?”
“Yes, I’m fucking serious!  Where?”  I grit. 
“Falcon.  Are you ok?”  She looks like I have two heads and right now I feel like I do. 
I search my pockets and find my glasses.  I put them on and get a clearer picture.  “What the fuck?” 
“K.  I’m gonna go.  Nice meeting you.”  She gets up.
“Wait!”
She turns around.  “Where is here?  What city?  Did you bring me here?”
“Dude, I don’t know what your damage is.” 
“Just answer the damn questions!”  I shouldn’t be so harsh, but I’m fucking panicking. 
“Falcon Ridge.  No, I just met you.  Goodbye.”  She spins around and walks away.
“F-Falcon…Oh, God.”  I stand and search my pockets.  I pull out my phone and open it up.
I look at it with pure disbelief.  “Four days?  Four?! Holy shit…”  I lean on the table and try not to hyperventilate. 
People laugh and dance around me and I look over the bar.  It’s filled with military and Enforcer types.  I need to get out of here. 
What makes this absolutely fucking perfect is I can’t remember the last time I was here and I have no clue how I got here. 
I’m in a city two days away from home and I have nothing with me. 
I search my pockets again and pull out a folded slip of paper. 
I unfold it and it’s a note.
‘Don’t worry, I booked vacation.’ 
I bring the note closer to my eyes and read it again.  I swallow because it’s in my handwriting.  In my other hand, I pull out my phone and check my messages.
OWEN:  Where the hell are you?
YOU:  Sorry.  Needed a break.  I submitted my vacation days.  Later!

“No.  I didn’t.”  My eyes widen. 
There’s messages from everyone looking for me.  My responses to them are nothing like I would respond. 
I drop my phone at my side and stuff the note back in my pocket.  I feel something else in it.
I pull out a set of car keys.  OK.  Apparently. I have a car. 
I look out at the full parking lot.  Raising the fob, I press the button out to the cars.
A chirp came from the side and I turn to it.  I hit it again and I look around because this can’t be right. 
“No.  No way.”  I side eye the midnight black Lamborghini.  I hit the button one more time and it chirps to life. 
I slam my hands into my hair as I look over the car. 
“There’s no way.”  I shake my head.  “I can’t afford this.”  I unlock it and lift the door.
One thing my disabilities prevent me from doing is driving.  If I black out behind the wheel, there’s no telling what could happen so I hung up my license. 
I search the car and open the glove box.  I find a rental receipt from Falcon towers.  A five star hotel.  I also find a key card with P1.  The penthouse.  Again, I apparently think I’m made of money!
I sit behind the wheel and stare out the windshield.
“Damn!  Monster car, dude!”
“That’s sweet!”
“Cool car!”
A group of guys walk by the car and I force a smile.
“Hi…Thanks…Yeah, cool…”  I nervously wave and shut the door. 
I push the start and the car roars to life.  My heart jumps into my throat and I white knuckle the steering wheel. 
“I can do this. It’s fine.”  I take a deep breath and put the car in gear. 
I set the GPS, release the brake and the car slowly rolls forward and I gently press the gas. 
I pull out of Falcon and pass the group of guys.  They look at me weird and I smile and quickly watch the road.  I adjust my glasses and set my speed at a nice, soft 20miles per hour. 
“Slow and steady, Graham.”  I wring the steering wheel. 
I start to relax and a smile creeps across my lips as glance around the interior. 
“This isn’t bad.  It’s actually nice.”  I nod. 
As I admired Falcon Ridges night life, I didn’t realize I was increasing in speed.  “Very nice.”  I chuckle and adjust myself in the seat. 
Driving down the main roads, I don’t even feel it.  I’m speeding down the four lane roads and start actually chuckling at myself. 
I hit the road past the Security Unit and I speed up again. I roll down the window and I have a toothy grin.
I feel the power of the car and it completely goes to my head and maybe my balls.  The next thing I know, I’m careening down the streets at triple the speed limit. 
“Wooo!”  I yell as I turn a corner to Falcon Ridges downtown core. 
I weave the car across the three lanes of traffic.  I stop at a stoplight and casual view the street corner.  I watch a bunch of girls cross the street in short dresses and sexy heels. 
I grin like an idiot and wave.  “Hello.”  I nod and they shoot me snarky looks and giggle to each other.  My smile fades and my cheeks heat.  “Rude.”  I mutter with attitude.
I hit the gas and continue to the hotel.  Just before I get to the hotel driveway, I change lanes and a guy cuts me off.
“SHIT!”  I turn the wheel and spin out with a car coming at me.  He lays on the horn as I scream.  I hit the gas, fishtail the car and cross the three lanes of traffic into the driveway of the hotel.  Horns blare and people yell out their windows.  Slamming the brakes, my tires slide right into a plastic planter with a palm tree in it.  It falls over and lands on the car. 
My heart is racing and I’m sure my fingers are now one with the wheel. 
I’m panting as my life flashes before my eyes. 
The door opens and the valet pokes his head in.  “Sir.  Alpha.  Are you alright?” 
I side eye him.  “Fine.”  My voice cracks and I clear my throat.  “Fine…Just…I'm okay.”
“Would you like me to park your car?”  He asks.
“Uh…yeah…Yes…Please.”  I stammer.
He looks to the plant and back at me.  “You need to leave the car, Sir.” 
I glance at him.  “Right.  Of course.”  I reach down.  “Let me just…P for park.”  I huff a chuckle.
“P for park.”  The valet smiles.
“I guess you want these.”  I hand him the keys.
He takes them and stands straight.  “Yes, keys would be helpful.” 
I get out and get choked.  “Ugh…”  Embarrassment floods me.  “The…uh…”  I reach down and click the button.   “Seatbelt.”  I chuckle and the valet chuckles too. 
I get out and look at the plant on the hood of the very expensive Lamborghini.  “You know what…return it.  Just return it.”  I wave the car off. 
“You sure?”  His brows go up. 
I look back at the car, stuff my hands in my pockets and turn back to him.  Nodding fast, I think this is the best play.  “Yep.  Definitely sure.”
He sighs.  “Ok.  If you say so.”  He walks over,  pulls the tree off the car and gets in.  “Sir.  Your card.”  He holds out my room key.
“Oh…Thanks.  Kind of need that.”  I chuckle.
“Yes, you do.”  He chuckles back.
“Don’t want to sleep outside.”  I continue my awkwardness as I wag the key.
“No.  You don’t.”  He shuts the door, backs the car up and squeals the tires out to the parking lot making me jump back. 
“Crazy.”  I mutter than walk into the hotel. 
I walk up to the front desk and the man behind the counter just finished with a customer. 
“Alpha Mitchell.  Did you enjoy your night out?”  He leans and gives a little wink.
I smile and rub my nape.  “Uh…It was surprising…Um…Can you tell me when check out is?”
He punches the keys on his keyboard.  “You are booked for the week.”
“The week?”  I say with shock. 
“Yes.  Is that no longer your wish?”  He asks.
I look around the swanky lobby.  “No…Not my wish.   I’m leaving…tomorrow.”  I turn back and lean to him.
“Alright.  Let me get the bill.”  He prints out a bill and places it upside down on his counter.  “Cash or credit.  No checks.” 
I grab the paper and read it.  I practically choke.  “I…uh…”  I read the total.  “Oh God.” 
I bite my upper lip as I read 8000.00. 
“Is there a problem?”  He says.
I raise my eyes to him.  “No…No problem.  I will…pay on my way out.”  I force a smile. 
“Very good, sir.  Have a good night.”  He smiles back.
I leave the lobby and jump on an elevator.  It dings and the door opens to a posh hallway lined with gold carpets and gold lined walls.  I walk down to P1.  I stop at the gold outlined door and swipe the card.  The door opens and I walk in.
“Wow.”  My jaw drops as I enter the large, spacious room.  The wall of windows over look the city and everything is so rich looking, my teeth hurt.
I’m not poor, but I’m not 8000 for four nights rich.  How the hell am I going to pay for this?
I walk over to the couch and flop on it.  I hold the bill up then throw it to the floor. 
“I’m so fucked.” 
I feel a massive headache coming on and decide to lay down.  It wasn’t long before passed out.

****

I groan and wipe the drool off my lips as I come back to the living.   
Rubbing my eyes makes me realize, I’m on my stomach.  I keep my eyes closed as I search for my glasses which must be on the floor. 
I pad my fingertips around and finally knock into them. 
As I put them on, my world comes into focus and I freeze.
I pull them off then slowly put them back on.  In the lenses, my prescription shows me my kitchen.  At home. 
I slowly sit up and look down at myself.  I’m in my robe and boxers.  There’s beer bottles on the coffee table in front of me and I confirm I have now woken up in Phoenix.
I press my lips together and see my phone on the side table.  I snatch it and hold it to my chest. 
I pull it back and look at the date.  I whine as I slam it back on my chest.
Confusion fills me with a good dose of worry.
It’s Saturday. 
With the exception of the joyride in Satan’s car, I’ve lost an entire week. 
I check my messages.
WILL:  G.  Why did you pull 10,000 from the coffers?
WILL: G?
WILL:  Where are you?  Call me!!
I drop my phone in my lap.  10,000 dollars.  I look around my apartment.
“I’m gonna be sick.”  I choke and run for the bathroom. 
After emptying my stomach, I rinse my mouth out and splash my face.  I raise my head to the mirror.  I’m white as a sheet, scared and completely confused. 
“What the hell is happening to me?”