Chapter 27

(Chapter song ‘New World Order’ by Tom Bergersen)
GRAHAM

The chopper blades thump as we fly over the country to fight the impossible fight. 
As the group to single out and bring Lefu down, we left first.  I watch out the window and think as the rest go over the plan.  I really hope I’m ready for this. 
“The Dires are almost there.”  Ezra informs. 
Oliver kisses her hand. “Keep in contact.  We'll land shortly.”
She nods and goes back to linking with the pack.
“The lycans are looking to intercept them in twenty minutes.”  Quinn informs.  “They were super excited for this fight.” 
“Just hope they don’t change sides.”  Wes says.
“They won’t.  They don’t have the instinct for it.  They hate the way of life.”  Quinn says. 
“Good because we can’t afford to lose anyone.”  Adam grumbles. 
“My sisters will meet us at the base.  They also can’t wait to kill the man who helped our father.”  Thea says. 
Adam nods. 
“They’re all powered up now?”  Jesse asks her.
“Yes.  We all recharged before we left.  It took some doing, but we managed to do it outside of the blue moon.”  Thea confirms.
“Good.”  Jesse eyes her.  “I don’t need you girls getting hurt.  Who knows where I’ll be?” 
She holds his hand.  “We'll be fine, Jesse.  Don’t worry.”
“So you really think you can bring the demon down.”  Astrid says to Adam.
“I will.”  He turns to the window.  “I’ve done it before.” 
“What do you mean?”  She cocks her head at him.
“Nothing.”  He grumbles and continues to watch out the window.
“If we kill the other Lefu, will that weaken him here?”  I ask. 
Adam turns to me.  “I don’t know.” 
“It would certainly make the bridge connection impossible.”  Kita suggests. 
I hold out my hand.  “Give me your knife.” 
“What?  No.”  Adam scowls.
“Just until I kill Lefu on the other side.  He’s already weakened by Eternity.  From what I can tell, he’s not nearly as strong as he is here.  I can do this.”  I say.
“Lefu can’t be killed.”  Adam says.
“I’m not sure.  He can’t be killed here, but if things are different on the other side, then he can be.  At least, that’s what I’m really feeling like right now.”  I scrunch my brow and look at Kita.
“You think you’re Alter is trying to tell you something?”  Kita looks at me curiously.
“Not like that…more like a gut feeling.”  I look back to Adam.  “If you can stall the Lefu here, I can kill the one on the other side, come back and you can do your thing here.” 
Adam glances at all of us then looks down at his jacket.  He pulls open the side, reaches in and pulls out the blade.  He flips it in his hand and places the hilt in mine.  “Don’t…lose it.”
“I won’t.”  I swallow as I pull back and look the blade over.  It feels heavy in my hand.  The ghost pain of my death comes back for a brief moment then fades.  I open my jacket and put it in my inside pocket.  I lean back and watch the skies.  I hope I know what the fuck I’m doing.
“Alright, Alphas.  Checkpoint down below.”  The pilot yells back. 
The helicopter lands and we disembark.  We put our packs on and they circle us. 
Kita stands in rhe middle of the circle.  “Everyone hold on.” 
We all grab hands and kita places her hand on my arm.  She turns to Adam.  “Take us to him.”
He nods and closes his eyes. 
The world shakes as the sixteen of us stay still.  Kitas eyes glow blue and gold abd the wind of her power blows all our hair. 
The shaking turns to spinning as Kita powers up.  We're engulfed in a light and our grips all tighten. 
She looks straight up.  “I can see him.  I will land out of sight.” 
The rest of us look at each other as the spinning starts to slow.  What was an open field, has now turned to a forest. 
The shaking stops and the wind dies down. 
We search the trees and our curiosity is broken by shouts.
“UNITS, READY!!”
“SIR!  YES, SIR!!”
We break apart and run to the noise. 
“Holy fuck.”  Deacon says quietly.
“Yeah.  Pretty much what I said.”  I glance at him.
Just behind the trees thousands of Falcon soldiers prepare for battle.  They march and get in formation. 
“We're fucking dead.”  Wes swallows.
“No.  We'll win.”  Oliver growls.  “Ezra.  Where are they?”
“Almost here.  They’ve reached the helicopter and headed to you.  They can feel you.”  She informs. 
“Good.  We'll hang back and organize.”  Oliver says as he studies the soldiers. 
“My sisters are here and ready.”  Thea says.
“Where?”  Wes asks her.
“They'll make their presence known when it’s time.”  She tells him.
Jenny opens a sack.  “Here.  Put these in your packs.  They’re explosives.”  She dishes out bottles to the Alphas.  “Once these are gone, we won’t have anymore so, use them wisely.”  She pushes her glasses up and looks at us all. 
“Look!”  I point out between the trunks.
“WHERE ARE THE VAMPIRES?!”  Lefu bellows across the enemy base.
“Lefu.”  Adam growls as he steps closer to the edge. 
“An hour out, Sir.”  A soldier informs.
“Tell them to hurry up.”  He turns.  “AND FIND GIA!”
He walks off and soldiers start running in various directions as orders are barked. 
“What’s happening?”  Kita asks.
I get a mind link.  “Phoenix and Axelridge just landed.  It’s started.” 
“Let's go.”  Adam growls and runs off parallel to the edge of the forest.  We all follow. 
We run behind the base and find a set of tents we can hide behind.  Deacon, Wes and Cass pull out weapons. 
Deacon cocks his gun.  “Ready when you are.”  He smiles at Jenny.  “Ready, baby?”
“No.”  She squeaks.
“Yeah, ya are.”  He chuckles as he shoulder bumps her.
“You are way too excited for this.”  She scowls. 
“Uh…of course.  Who wouldn’t want to kill a bunch of bad guys?”  He scrunches his face.
“Me!”  She hisses under her breath.
“Awe, Babe.  Don’t worry.  I got your back.”  He smirks.
“I hope I got yours.”  She says as she steps forward to get a better look. 
Mica and Gideon are suiting up. 
“So what?  We just kill him and let Rex take over?”  Gideon says.
“No, idiot.  We can’t.  We need him to keep the wall open.  Once Rex does his thing, he’s ours for however long we need him.”  Mica responds.
“They’re talking about me, aren’t they?”  I whisper to Kita.
“I’m afraid so, my love.  They mean to keep you.”  She says. 
“Great.  Something tells me I wouldn’t be a house guest.” 
Ember points past us.  “Who’s that?” 
I turn to where she’s pointing and I see a show across the way sneaking around some tents.  The light hits his face as he sneaks into a tent.  “It’s Sawyer.  He’s probably looking for weapons.” 
“We need him.”  Kita says. 
“I know.  Come on.”
I grab her hand and we teleport to the other side.  I place my back to the tent and slink around to the door when the Falcons aren’t watching.
“Sawyer.”  I whisper. 
He’s filling his pack with weapons.  “Hey.  I was about to come find you.  When are we going?” 
“Soon.  We're just…”
“STOP WHERE YOU ARE!” 
We whip our heads to the tent door and two soldiers enter with guns drawn.
“Time to go.”  Sawyer throws his pack on.
“Go!  I will deal with them.”  Kita says as her eyes glow.
“No.  Kita…”  I start.
“Come on, Graham…”  Sawyer hisses as he lifts the back of the tent. 
“I’ll find you!”  Kita says. 
We slip out the back and the screams start.
We run to the front just as fire blasts out and the soldiers are thrown back.  Kita slowly walks out into the middle of the road way and flicks her head between the two.  She raises both hands to them and fires. 
One arm blasted out ice while the other blasted out fire.
“Damn.”  Sawyer cringes. 
“I know right.”  I beam. 
The soldiers thrash and scream as they try to escape. 
“DIRES!!” 
Yells came from the field behind us.
“Shit.  Oliver’s here.”  I whip my head to the yells. 
“Now, it gets bloody.  Come on.”  Sawyer books it down the road.
“Kita!”  I run out and reach for her.  She joins me, grabs my hand and we run down the road to the fight.
Sawyer pulls out two guns and throws out rapid fire shots at the soldiers running toward us.  They fall as they get take the bullets to the brains and me make our way to the fight. 
When we round the corner, Cass and Ember are firing arrow after arrow.  Jenny is throwing magic and Deacon is emptying clips. 
Oliver and Adam are punching the shit out of soldiers while Quinn has shifted and is eating heads off of necks.
Astrid strikes out her broad sword.  She spins and brings it down on a soldier then stabs another in the chest.
Ezra joined the Dires and they’re tearing up the soldiers.  They climb trees and leap off them into the battle, coming down like ravenous birds.  Their tails cut men in half and their strong forearms rip heads off. 
Kita shifts and her tails light up.  Ice, fire, electricity all shoot out in different directions.  Her quick fox speed allows her dart in and out harms way.  She confuses them as they try to search for her in the mess.
That’s when I get an idea.
I walk up to a soldier and tap him on the shoulder.  He turns and I grab him by the neck.  “Hey.”  I smirk.  I boom out and reappear in mirror world at the edge of the ravine.  He looks down and starts to panic.
“No. NO! NO!!”  He grabs my arm and kicks his feet.
I wave at him.  “Bye.”  I let him go and he screams to his death.  “That’s interesting.  Let’s try that again.”
I spin on my heels and boom back out. 
Several soldiers later, I drop them off ships into the ocean, mountains and skyscrapers.  As long as I know it’s there, I can land it. 
I boom back in and almost get trampled by Jesse charging through as an elephant.  They shoot at him which only makes him more mad.  He wraps his trunk around the waists of men and slams into the ground.  He finishes them off by stomping them into the ground.
“SHIFT!!” 
Like an explosion, the Falcon Army shifts to their wolves. 
I was about to shift when I was slammed in the back of the head.  I hit the ground and my eyes explode in white stars.  I spin to my back and focus my eyes.
Eyes glow yellow/green and glare at me as my jaw drops.
“Traveler.”  He snarls.
“Oh, shit.”  I scramble to my feet and boom out just as he jumps for me.
I roll across the ground and stop on my stomach. 
I groan as I recover from my crash landing in the mirror world.
I hear another groan and turn my head to it.  My eyes widen as Lefu starts to stand.
“Fuck.”  I breathe.
“Fuck is right.”
I turn to the voice behind me and I swallow hard.
Rex smirks as he crosses his arms.  “Hello, Graham.” 
Lefus meets my eyes and we both turn to Rex.
“Glad you both could join us.”  He raises his hand and soldiers come out of the dark. 
I sit on my knees and place my hands behind my head.  I could boom out right now, but I don’t want to leave Lefu here with Rex and this may be the opportunity I need to kill the Lefu on this side. 
“Take them.”