Chapter 25

(Chapter song ‘Dark Horse' by Katy Perry)
KITA

“Guys!  Shut up!”  Owen barks as he walks into the council room with Jake behind him. 
The Alphas are all arguing about what to do with what we saw.  I am at a loss, too.  There were so many. 
“O, we need to storm the place!”  Sawyer growls. 
“We can’t figure out how, Sawyer.”  Jake says. 
Graham leans to me.  “This bridge…is it big enough for an army?” 
I meet his eyes.  “It’s however big you want it to be, but it’s too risky.  If you have to hold it open, Rex could take advantage of that.” 
“Damn.”  He turns back to room. 
“What about your mom?  Can’t she make the stuff Rex took?”  Brody turns to Jake.
“Yeah, that is an option, but I’d like to keep Shaman potions as Plan Z.”  Jake’s eyes him.
“I think home field is a better advantage anyway.”  Mateo says.  “We can be ready faster if we fight here.” 
“Someone still has to stop Rex.”  I say as I study the eyes. 
Owen leans on the podium.  “Kita.  You said Rex needs Lefu on this side to connect us to them.”
“Yes.  This is true.”  I nod. 
He ticks his head.  “Ok.  We just make sure they don’t get him.” 
Darcy laughs and leans back.  He crosses his arms.  “I’m sorry.  It kind of sounds like you want to save the Bringer of Death.” 
“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”  Owen arches a brow.
Darcy points to him.  “You’re nuts.”  He leans forward.  “Did you miss the BRINGER OF DEATH PART?”
“Darcy…”  Owen shakes his head.  “I’m not saying actually save him, just keep him out their reach.”
“We could move him to a location far from the army.  If I can get close.”  I flick my eyes between Owen and Graham. 
Graham shakes his head.  “No.  Absolutely not.”
“Graham.  I can do this.  I’m quick and he cannot hurt me.  Trust me.”  I rest my hand on his arm. 
“Kita, this guy can fuck with minds.  No.”  I turns to face me.
I cross my arms.  “You doubt my powers.” 
“No.”  He looks at his friends then back at me.  “No.  I just…think…Lefus stronger, that’s all.”
I turn to the table.  “Excuse us.”
I teleport us to the pocket and stand with my hands behind my back.  I’m wearing a black Kendo uniform and my hair is pulled back with sticks in my bun.  I raise my chin and stare at my love. 
He runs his fingers through his hair and looks around.  He looks at me and flops am arm down on his side.  “Kita.  What are we doing here?”
“Fight me.”  I say sharply.
“What?  No.  I’m not fighting you.”  He says as he takes some steps to me.
I raise a hand.  “Fight…me.”  I arch a brow. 
“Kita…”  He whines.
“Are you concerned for me or yourself, Mitchell-san?”  I tilt my head and eye him.
He laughs, looks at the trees then back at me.  He sways his arms out to the side as he shakes his head.  “Alright.  Come at me.”  He grins. 
I place my hands at my side and bow.  He bows back and I snap into a lunge pose with my hands positioned above my head and at my waist.  My bare feet plant in the snow.
He squares his body in a combat stance.  “Ladies first.”  He bounces his brow.
I rush him with full power and he’s so shocked, he almost loses balance. 
I swing a punch and he blocks.  I spin and throw a hand backwards, he blocks with a huff.  I spin front and swing left and right as he dodges his head. 
I punch low and he blocks them too as he steps back more. 
His eyes look confused as he keeps up with my strikes.
I throw left, hit his arm, throw right, he moves his head out of the way and I come back with a throat punch. 
He stumbles back, couching and choking. 
I throw a leg up and wrap it around his head, pull us down and roll.  I sit on his neck and tilt my head at his reddening face as he struggles to push me off.
“You may think you can escape, but what you forget is, at this point, in a blink of an eye, I can…freeze you…”  I put up a finger that turns blue with cold.  He stops struggling in my thighs.  “I can electrocute you.”  My second finger goes up with white blue electricity traveling up to the nail.  “Or…burn you.”  I put up my third finger and a flame rises from my nail.
His mouth goes small as he stares at my hand.
I slide my legs to his chest and lay on him.  “I can lift you in the air and crush you into a mountain or drop you into the deepest ocean.”  I lean to his lips, my eyelids droop as my arousal rises.  “Now, what do you say, Koibito?”
He grins as he locks my eyes.  “That was so hot.” 
I smile and push off him.  “So, I have proven I can fight.  The argument is over.”  I stand over him and place my hands on my hips.  I grab his hand and teleport us back to the council room.
The Alphas all stare at us as Graham rubs his neck and looks a little sheepish. 
“Everything OK?”  Owen asks.
Graham clears his throat.  “Fine.  Everything’s fine.  We…uh…talked it over and Kitas plan…could work with my help.  If that’s what we're going with.”  He glances at me and slightly bow to him. 
“You got your ass kicked, didn’t you?”  Darcy snorts.
“No.”  Graham scowls.
“Yes.”  I grin.
He makes a snarky face at me as the table chuckles. 
Owen stands straight.  “Alright.  We just need to…”
The council door opens and a woman rushes in.  She has long, white hair, curious looking eyes and her skin is milky white with pink on her cheeks and a little on the tip of her nose.  She’s dressed in black with leather wrapped around her chest and arms.  A sword hangs at her side.  She’s stunning. 
“Excuse me?”  Owen crosses his arms.  “Can I help you?” 
“I am Astrid Eriksen.  I know your my brothers allies and I need your help.”  She sounds out of breath like she ran a long way. 
“Who's your brother?”  Owen asks.
She looks around the room and her ice blue eyes glow with a red ring around the blue.
Graham sits forward.  “You’re Christians…”
“Yes.  My brother doesn’t know I’m here, but he also doesn’t understand the growing threat on our mountain.  I need your help to stop it.”  She rests her hand on her sword and eyes us all. 
“What threat?”  Jake asks.
She steps to the table.  “There’s an army growing or at least there was before the Snow Queen attack.”
“Iris.”  Graham mumbles. 
Astrid nods.
“I don’t like her.”  I scowl.
Graham holds my hand and smiles at me.
“The army came through the glass.  There’s more.  At various peeks.  The Snow Queen…Iris…killed many, but it’s not enough.  The vampires have also risen to join them.  Christian insists we can fight them, but due to the constant attacks from the Queen, our numbers are dwindling.  I’ve tried to talk reason into him, but he’s not listening.  He’s only focused on protecting us from the Queen.  I'm afraid we are not strong enough to fight this army and they are closing on us fast.”  Astrid explains.
“So, the Nordic wolves moved to the Appalachian mountains?”  Graham asks.
“Yes.  When we found out it was protected by Iris, we tried to leave, but Christian refuses.  I’m afraid my brother has lost his mind.  He's convinced he can reason with her.  I know a demon when I see one.”  She looks very concerned.  “Because of this, we’re dying.  Please…you must help me save my people.”  She begs.  I can see her heartbreak.
Owen nods.  “I’d have to look over the agreement to see if interfering violates that.”
“My people are being murdered!  Screw your agreement!”  She yells.
“I agree.”
We turn to the door and Adam walks in with Wes and Cass. 
“This wasn’t an open invitation meeting!”  Owen growls. 
“Adam?”  Hunter leans on the table.
Astrid turns and their eyes meet.  “I…”
“I heard.  I will help you.”  He stares at her. 
She turns back to us.  “You will?” 
Mateo leans back.  “I’m in.” 
“Me too.”  Ash grumbles.  Mateo reaches behind him and Ash claps his hand.
“Well, if they’re going, I’m going.”  Darcy says thumbing to Mateo. 
“Wouldn’t miss it.”  Brody nods.
“I hate the cold, but whatever."  Zane kicks back. 
“Peter?”  Owen asks.
He rubs his nape.  “Nymphs are bad ass.  Especially Iris.”
Wes steps forward.  “Iris can be subdued, we just need the right equipment.  After, I’m sure Thea can move her snowflake to another peak.”
“That would be incredibly helpful.  We don’t want to hurt her, we just want peace.”  Astrid turns to him.
Adam looks her over.  “We will handle it.”  His smug tone seems to not sit right with Astrid.
She crosses her arms.  “Yes, we will.” 
“The enemy is mine.”  He arches a brow.
“I understand and I will offer my sword.”  She tilts her head. 
“You don’t know this enemy.  Go back to your people and we will fight.”  He says in a deep, monotone voice.
“I know enough.  The mountain is mine.  You will fight by my side.”  She drops her hand to her sword hilt. 
He leans down to her.  “You will only get in the way.  We've heard your plea now, go home.”
She raises her chin and crosses her arms.  “No.  I’m joining you whether you like it or not.”  Their eyes lock which seems to hold a lot of tension.
Hunter stands and walks to Adam.  “I don’t think Astrid is going to sit this one out, son.” 
Adam scowls at him.  “Don’t call me that.” 
Hunter chews his lip.  “If I’m fighting with you, you better be treating me with more respect.”  He grits. 
“You’re not fighting with me.  You’re fighting with them.  You have nothing to do with me.”  Adam growls.
“Except the whole, being your father thing, yes.  I don’t.  But that doesn’t mean I won’t fight with you.”  Hunter stares his son down.
Adam looks around the room as the Alphas all sit smugly. 
His eyes land on Astrid.  “Fine.  Follow me.  Just know, I won’t save you if you get in trouble.”
She closes the gap and looks up at him.  “Just know, the last person I’d want saving me…is you.”  She throws attitude and pushes past him. 
He closes his eyes and groans with a shake of his head.
“Uh…guys?”
We all turn to Jake as he powers up a monitor.
He points to the screen.  “They’re on the move.”
We watch as satellites track the various armies.
“Where are they headed?”  Adam asks. 
“Well, if they keep on the direction they’re going…”  Jake runs a simulation.
“Axelridge.”  Hunter says quietly.
“Why there?”  Peter asks.
“Lefu.  He’s there with the Lycans.”  Adam says as he steps to the table.  “The battlefield.”
“I’m calling Finn.”  Hunter says as he pulls out his phone. 
“I thought the Vamps were on Lefus side.”  I say as I watch a vamp army move across the mountains. 
“It was the wrong Lefu.  They’re working with his Alter.”  I offer. 
“Fucking Gia.  She’s playing both of them.”  Jake says. 
“She must know about Rex and his plans.”  I supply. 
“Of course.  Give Rex what he wants, destroy us and the vamps take over after the carnage is done.”  Graham says. 
“And with two Lefus, there will be no stopping them.”  Worry fills my voice.
“I'll be dealing with Lefu.”  Adam grits.  “The rest of you, take out the armies.”
“Adam.  You can’t fight Lefu alone.”  Hunter says.
“Don’t dare tell me what I can or can’t do, shifter.  Lefu has been my enemy for longer than you all have been alive combined.  The only reason I need any of you is for the army.  As for Lefu, stay out of my way.”  He growls loud and walks out pf the council room.
I look over and Graham is lost in thought.  “My love?”  I place a hand on his arm.
“Hmm…Oh sorry.  I drifted off.”  He smiles. 
“Are you alright?”  I study his face with concern. 
He leans to my lips.  “I’m perfect.”  His eyes turn to slits as he smiles.  He kisses me just as Owen calls the meeting over.
“We'll keep watch and have deployment orders in 24 hours.”  He says. 
We walk into the hall and talk about preparing for the fight when Adam pushes off the wall with the other two behind him. 
“We're ready.  Are you?”  Adam looks between us.
Graham steps up to him.  “Tell us when.” His eyes glow with the blue universe swirling in them.
Adam smirks.  “Well done.  The others are outside.”