Chapter 13

(Chapter song ‘Let’s Go Crazy' by Nirvana.)
KITA

Graham is close.  He touched the other side, but he was so afraid, he couldn’t understand the experience.  I need to guide him to that experience and show him there’s nothing to fear.  As I gain my own understanding, Graham truly is important.
Seeing Graham through my eyes, I can feel his confusion.  I need to stay with him so I can keep his mind focused on connecting with himself again. 
After realizing he wasn’t at his apartment the next morning, I checked his office at the school.  They told me his was on Alliance business so, I sot him out. 
When I saw the state of the main lobby of the Unit, I knew this wasn’t good.
Using my telepathy, I see him with the other Alphas.  They talk with Lefu and my heart jumps into my throat.  I hear his words and concern consumes me.  He doesn’t know what he’s doing. 
My power searches for him.  I see him and the rest of the Alphas are headed to the helicopter on the roof.
I run as fast as I can and burst through the door.  “Graham!” 
The helicopter blades surprise me and I cover my ears at the noise.  I see him step up and scream again.  “GRAHAM!”
He turns just before they board.  A large smile grows on his lips.  He motions for a minute to the guys and jogs to me.  “Shirley!  How’s my favorite student?”
I stop and arch a brow.  He has forgotten my name again.  This isn’t Graham.  This much worse than I thought.
I fold my arms and eye him.  “You can’t give Lefu the blade.” 
He tilts his head and looks at me with concern.  “How do you know about…” 
I shake my head.  “It doesn’t matter.  All that matters is that you don’t.” 
“Well, it’s too late.  He’s probably got it already.  We're going to help fight.  Wanna come?”  He grins.
I cinch my brows together.  “I’m not a fighter.” 
He shrugs.  “It’s OK.  You can wait for me at the Falcon Ridge Unit.”
I shake my head and grab his arms.  “No, Graham.  You mustn't help Lefu.  You don’t understand…” 
He places his hand on my hair.  He leans to my eyes with a charming smile.  “Baby, I know what I’m doing, ok.  Come on.”  He grabs my hand and I feel his energy.  It’s the same, but there’s something underneath.  I study him for a minute.
“GRAHAM, COME ON!”  One of the Alphas yells.
He smirks at me.  “Come on.” 
I look at him then the helicopter.  If I’m to be his guardian, I must go.  If only to stop what will transpire.  “Okay.”
He grins and drags me to the slide door. He helps me on and follows me in, shutting the door behind him.
“Alright.  Hold on.”  The Pilot yells back.
The helicopter lifts and I yelp.  I’m use to being light, but this is very alien to me.  I cling to Grahams chest as he’s kicked back.  He wraps an arm around me, as he laughs.  I narrow my eyes and push off him. 
“Don’t be mad for being scared.”  He leans to me.  “I think it’s adorable.”  He whispers and my cheeks heat.  He certainly isn’t behaving the same as he was the other day.  Still, I’m cautious.  I adjust myself in the seat and try not to seem so fragile because I hardly am. 
“So, Graham.  You gonna introduce us to your friend.”  A blonde Alpha asks as he smirks.
Graham looks around at the eyes staring at us.  I had forgotten they were even there. 
“Sure.  Of course.  My bad.”  He throws an arm around me and smiles.  “Shirley.  This is Jake, Zane, Darcy, Peter, Mateo, Ash, Hunter, Brody, Sawyer and Owen.  They’re all council Alphas like me.”
“Konnichiwa.”  I say as I nod my head to them.
They look at each other in confusion.
“It means hello.  Shirley is from Japan, right?”  Graham supplies as he turns to me.
“Correct.  I’m from Tokyo.”  I smile.
“Cool.  I’ve always wanted to go to Japan.”  Brodys brows shoot up.
“It’s beautiful.  You should.”  I say.
He waves a hand.  “My mate hates flying.  If she can’t ride her bike, she’s not going.  She’s stubborn like her big brother.”
“That’s a shame.  Ones mind is deeply broadened by adventures to other lands.”  I feel myself start to loosen up.
“That’s what I said!”  He motions a hand to me.
“No, you didn’t.”  Darcy scoffs.  “You barely understood half that sentence.”
Brody turns to him.  “True, but it sounded good so, I’m going with it.”  He grins. 
The helicopter cabin groans.
“Shirley.  You’re here on a visa?”  Owen asks.
“Yes.  I am.”  I answer.
“How long are you here for?”  He asks.
“Until this city’s blue moon.”  I glance at Graham and he smiles back.
Owen stitches his brows together.  “That’s weirdly specific.” 
“I think she means the fall.”  Peter adds. 
“Yes.  The fall.”  I confirm. 
“You’re in Grahams class?”  Hunter asks. 
“Let’s get to the good part.”  Darcy leans on his knees and points to both of us.  “How long have you two been sneaking around.”  He smirks.
“Darcy.”
“What kind of question…”
“Come on, man.”
He sits up and looks around the men.  “What?  We're all thinking it.”
“Oh, we are not…”  My jaw drops and my body heats more.
“We just met.  Just…getting to know each other, right baby?”  He shakes me and I scowl at him. 
“She’s so sweet.  She almost hurts your teeth.”  He chuckles and the guys chuckle too. 
“So have you guys…ya know…”  Darcy ticks his head suggestively.
“DARCY!”  The helicopter cabin explodes.
“WHAT?!”  He holds his hands out.  “I was going to ask if they went on a date yet.”  He wags a finger at his friends.  “You all have gutter minds.” 
The cabin groans.
“Alpha Tucker.”  The Pilot calls back. 
We look out the windscreen of the chopper.
“Holy shit!”
“You've got to be kidding me.”
“Is that…”
Graham walks to the front seats.  He grins.  “A Brontosaurus.”  He breathes. 
“Damn.  Enough with fucking dinosaurs!”  Ash growls. 
“It’s beautiful.”  Graham chuckles.
Peter arches a brow at him.  “Dude.  It’s Artemis.  Gross.”
Graham turns his smirk to him.  “Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the effort to make history real.” 
As we approach Falcon Ridge from the west side, the true scope of the situation comes into view.
Lefu got the message, alright.  As people, ran screaming for their lives, soldiers fought in the streets of the city.  They fought the absolutely massive herbivore.  Trying to stop the tank that was attacking the unit.  Lefu hit it with magic and Artemis didn’t even flinch.  Wolves, Dires and Lycans jump on his legs and sides.  It’s tough hide barely scratches as it continues to walk to the building. 
The brontosaurus’ head towers over everyone and my keen eyesight sees what everyone else doesn’t.  The blade in its teeth. 
The monsters grey, green body moved like an ominous, dark cloud through the hundreds of soldiers trying to bring it down at its feet.
It’s high pitched roar vibrated in my chest as my mouth dropped.  Never have I seen such a thing.  My eyes widen as the helicopter starts to land on a street.
“OK, ALPHAS.  HERES WHERE YOU GET OFF!”  The pilot says as he lands. 
The cabin shakes as it hits the road and Owen throws the door open.  The sounds of the battle were horrible.  Growls and roars from the beast and the fighters fill the air.
“DON'T LET HIM PASSED THE GATE!”
“BRING THE ASSHOLE DOWN!”
“WE NEED TO SHUTDOWN THIS FUCKING PARK!!”
Gunfire rings out as we all climb out. 
“Alpha 1, SHIFT!”  Owen barks. 
The Alphas shift and run to the fight.
I grab Grahams arm.  “Graham, wait!”
“Baby.  It’s fine.  Get on the chopper and wait for me.”  He kisses my forehead.  “You just keep your cute little self out of the way.”  He smiles and boops my nose with his index finger. 
He smirks, turns and explodes out of his clothes. 
I fold my arms, kick out a leg and narrow my eyes.  “He’s going to get himself killed.”  I mutter as I shake my head.
“Hey lady.  You getting on or what?”  The pilot yells.
I grab the handle of the door.  “No.”  I say with irritation and slam it. 
The storm of the battle reaches new heights when the dinosaur rears and slams down on the ground.  Wolves, lycans and dires fly like water splashed in a puddle away from the beast.
I back off and watch the helicopter take off. 
“They won’t be able to fight this.”  I watch the monster swipe at the ground with his head.  I twist my face in anger.  “But I can.”  I say as I rip off my t-shirt. 
I take off around the battle.  I need to act quick.  They would not understand what I am and this is no time for confusion. 
Behind a bush, I shift and shake out my white fur. 
My eyes find my target.  The head.
I stand on the grass and call my flight.  Leaning back on my blue paws, I feel the energy and release it.  I take to the air like a rocket.  My fur whips in the wind as I bank left and right.  I’m barely a blur as I skim the fighting.  I see Grahams brown wolf at the large, fleshy column as the beast lifts his leg. 
I turn right and glide under the underbelly and through the front legs. Turning my small muzzle up, I fly up his belly to neck, up the to the towering head.
I spiral around the neck as he moves, my eyes fixate on the head of the dinosaur.
I reach the top and circle him fast.  His large eyes try to follow me. 
I stop in front of him.  His one eye blinks at me as I float on my but, my tails wagging behind me in aggravation and I fold my front legs.  I tick my head and growl at him.  He roars at me and his air pushes me back.  As I fight the current, I see the blade balanced in his flat teeth. 
“Give me the blade!”  I bark. 
‘Who are you?’  He links in my mind.  ‘Very interesting indeed.’
“I will not tell you again.  Give me the blade and I will not hurt you.”  I right myself as I float in front of his giant eye. 
Growls came from down below and I look to the street.  The thick legs kick the fighters away as he proceeds to get close to the gate. 
He swipes his head which hits me and I sail through the air, out of control, until I fan out my tails and stop.  I narrow my eyes, tuck my body in and torpedo back to him.
“Ok.  You asked for it.” 
I land on his head and I bite at his skin, but my bites have very little effect.  I need something else. 
My little muzzle develops a mischievous smile. 
I call another tail and open my jaws.  With one well placed bite, my magic works. 
I watch as the cold crystals start to grow.  As they climb across the back of his head and neck, I lift off and float.
The beast panics.  His feet stomp the ground and more screaming comes from the bottom .
Artemis roars as his face is consumed in ice.  I jet off around his head and fly through his dark mouth, grabbing the black blade in my teeth.  I must get rid of it.  Using my teleportation, I put it somewhere safe. 
“WHAT THE HELL?”
“WATCH OUT!”
As the ice solidifies his neck and body, I watch in amazement of my power.  It freezes the tip of its long tail and its over. 
I was about to fly away when I heard a crack.
I spin around and see a crack with a pink light in it, form and another with red and another with blue.  Curious.  I fly closer.
The more cracks that develop, I hear a power growing.  Interesting.
The cracks connect and the power grows louder and louder. 
People on the ground, cover their ears.  I lay mine down and squint at the rainbow of light that's radiating out of each one. 
“NOOOO!”
I look down and see Lefu roar at the frozen animal.  I look back and the power is so great the monster shakes violently.
My paws drop and my eyes widen.  “Oh, that’s not good.” 
In a panic, I search frantically for Graham.
He’s shifted and on his knees, covering his ears.
“GRAHAM!” 
I rocket to the street just as the high pitched sound implodes on itself and then explodes outward. 
I land in Grahams lap, hug his head with my front paws and wrap my tails around his body.
His face fills with shock.  “What?”
I smile.  “Hi.  Hold on!” 
I teleport us out to safety as the brontosaurus explodes. Like an atomic bomb, rainbow colors fire into the air. 
We appear a distance away, but close enough to see the aftermath.  We land on the ground as pieces fly through the air and hit the pavement, smashing into pieces.  
In the mushroom cloud of the explosion, six balls of different colored lights rise into the air and shoot off like comets in different directions. 
The fighters cheer and yell themselves hoarse for the victory.
“WHERE IS MY BLADE?!!!”
I look to Graham who’s still frozen in shock.  I look at my self, yelp and shift.  Oh no!  I didn’t want him to see me. 
“Please don’t get mad…I-I can explain…really…”  I stammer as I try to calm him. 
He looks into my eyes.  “You’re beautiful.”  He whispers is almost a dreamlike voice.
“You are not…freaking out?”  I say quietly.
His mouth goes small and shakes his head no, slowly. 
A smile grows on my lips and I wrap my arms around his neck.  My lips hit his and part to let his soft tongue in.  I don’t know what came over me, but I felt his true acceptance of what I am.  His two words filled my heart.  His skin feels so good on mine.  My heart beat starts to race as I feel heat building between us. 
He breaks the kiss.  “Wait.  What are you?”  He asks as he studies my face. 
“Your guardian.  I’m here to protect you.”  I tilt my head and smile.
“A guardian.  Like an angel?”  He asks.
I tick my head.  “More like a spirit.”
“That makes it even more amazing.”  He grins.
Sounds of the battle rise and we turn to it.  The Alphas rise up and pummel Lefu to the ground.  The wolves all fight the dires. 
“We should go help.”  I mutter. 
Graham waves them off.  “They got this.” 
Lefu rages and the Alphas fly backwards as he explodes from the pile on.
I look back at Graham.  “It’s fine.  They do this all time.”
I blink at him with curiosity.
He cups my cheek.  “I swear.  It’s fine.  Let’s go home.  They didn’t want me fighting anyway.  I want to get to know you better.”  This makes my cheeks flush and my body rekindle the heat that was fading.  I look down and see his manhood swelling and I get the picture.
“Oh, ok.”  I breathe with a smile.
I close my eyes and we teleport back to his bed.  Our images are kissing with fevered passion as we solidify.