𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ⁰⁰³ : 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

SECTION ⁰⁰³ : Into the Island

NISHIMURA CHERRY

"The Magic Island," Taehyun said as I woke up from my slumber. We were in Yeonjun's car again and I wondered how.

Everyone looked at him dumbfounded. Yeonjun sighed with the steering in his hand. "The train station?"

Taehyun nodded. There was a huge silence which followed. Besides Yeonjun sat Beomgyu, in the middle row I, Taehyun and Kai were seated while Soobin and Chaewon took the backseat.

I heard Chaewon sob and turned to look behind. Soobin was hugging her and assured her that it was alright. I wondered what was alright.

My heart tugged a bit. I didn't like the feeling. It was familiar. The one I used to get everytime I saw her with him. It was weird how I never felt that way when Chaewon hung out with Beomgyu or Kai.

I knew it was because Chaewon saw Beomgyu and Kai as her friends but Soobin... he was definitely different. And it hurt.

I tried to distract my mind by turning towards Taehyun. "You look down."

"Don't try to talk to me."

"Where are we going?"

"I think I stated it a few minutes ago."

"Why are we going there? Why is everyone so... gloomy?"

Taehyun gave me a really scary side-eye but it didn't scare me enough to stop talking to him.

"We were being attacked by those filthy ninja guys, Sleeping Beauty." He said.

"Ah... damn. Those guys got no chill, do they?" I nervous laughed as silence took over again. It was so awkward between us now that our 'memories' got back to us. It felt weird, knowing how close yet far away we are from each other. When we were younger, we felt that we will be together always, but now looking back at it, our friendship and freedom was just an illusion.

"Oh no," Kai said.

"What's wrong?" Beomgyu asks, looking behind. I peek outside the window, wide eyed. The scary black people had multiplied. There were three identical cars chasing us. We were outnumbered in all matters.

"We are going to die," I mumbled.

"We are not going to die," Taehyun replied.

"They will catch up with us in no time," I talked back.

Taehyun ignored me and said, "I hope all of you have gotten hold of your powers. Especially Yeonjun and Soobin. Their Magic is essential in combat. As Chaewon has used her powers multiple times today, I don't want her using them more hurting herself. Even Kai can use his powers only once without getting exhausted. Remember? Going to Magic Island is not easy. It drains us as well. So use your Magic essentially."

"What about your diary?" I ask.

"It's a Spellbook not a diary." Taehyun replied.

"Where is it?"

"The ninjas took it."

"What?!" Beomgyu exclaimed. "You are the only one who can actually control your powers! You can't seriously depend upon this bunny guy and a driver!"

"Who are you calling a bunny guy—" Soobin poked in.

Taehyun interrupted, "It's sad but they are our only hope."

"We are gonna die," Beomgyu mumbled from the front seat.

I turned behind to check the predators and they caught with up us so quickly, it was insane. Don't they have traffic rules to follow?