𝐀𝐂𝐓 ⁰¹⁶ : 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞

ACT ⁰¹⁶ : the first strike

It was time that we took out Kai's plan. I never wanted to, but we now needed to. We couldn't let Taehyun get away from us all the time.

Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Kai, Cherry and I were peeking from behind the wall next to the entrance. The University hours were finally over and he might be headed out from here, unless he was some superman flying home from the terrace.

The plan was easy. Taehyun comes out of the entrance, Cherry tries to distract him by constant babbling, Yeonjun (who was the strongest) picks Taehyun up and Beomgyu puts on the blind fold.

Others for the moral support.

Anyway, as we had expected, Taehyun came out of the entrance with AirPods in his ears. Blasting music this time of the day was not the best idea because he soon was going to be kidnapped by random young adults.

Cherry ran towards him and started to mingle him into a conversation. She pointed at her ears and said, "These are bad for your ears."

Taehyun took one of the Airpod out, "What?"

"They are bad for your ears." She repeated.

"I know." Taehyun was going to put the Airpod in again when Cherry exclaimed, "Isn't the weather nice today?! Ah!" She stumbled. "Ouch."

"What happened?" Taehyun asked with genuine worry.

"I think I got a splinter in my feet," Cherry bent down. Gosh, she was such a brilliant actress.

"Let me see," Taehyun tried to help her out by scanning her feet but before he found of there was no splinter and this was all an act, Yeonjun had began slithering his way towards them without making a noise.

He counted with his fingers. One... two... three.

He picked Taehyun up with both his hands. Taehyun let out a loud scream and the security guard eyed us.

"HELP!" Taehyun screamed.

Cherry laughed, "Hahaha! Taehyun got caught! You are the it now!" She turned to the security guard who knew her pretty well. "We are just playing hide and seek! Haha!"

Taehyun continued to scream and Beomgyu added, "Shut up silly. People will think someone is getting kidnapped."

I gave him a look of disproval only to get a playful smirk from him. He was such a clown.

Yeonjun carried Taehyun till the sports room. We made him sit in a chair and tied him with ropes.

"There is no escaping now," Kai laughed and I swear it was the most evil laugh I had ever heard.

"What are you guys up to!" Taehyun demanded. He clearly didn't enjoy this. But again, nobody would enjoy getting tied up.

I held the book I found last night. "Looks familiar?"

Taehyun stared at for a few moments. He gave in and sighed. "I didn't think you'll find it."

"I am curious about a lot of things right now," I continued.

"Unfortunately, I cannot answer any of it. I won't." Taehyun's eyes burned with determination.

"Why do you keep hiding?" I asked my first question. As expected, he kept silent. He avoided my eyes.

"I have been considerate enough not to go peeking in this... odd book. But if you won't speak, I will flip open it and see what you have been hiding," I said. It was true. No matter how much I wanted to see what's the book about, I kept my hands to myself. Given it's ancient and eccentric look, I figured it was an important book.