𝐀𝐂𝐓 ⁰⁰³ : 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞

ACT ⁰⁰³ : Dear Name

Young Chaewon was running as young Beomgyu chased her for fun. He had the same plants around his back. Magically glowing like stars in a dark sky.

Chaewon tripped and fell, bruising her small knee. Beomgyu stopped and bent down to look at the bruise.

Chaewon started crying and Beomgyu said, "I told you to be careful. Look, you hurt yourself again."

"Yes! Because you were chasing me!" She said between her sobs.

"Yeah, as if I was gonna eat you or something."

"Now, cure me."

"Say 'please oppa'."

"Ew."

Beomgyu laughed, satisfied with her response. He covered his hand over her knee and she smiled. As soon as he removed his hand, the bruise was completely gone. It was magic.

"Thanks!"

"Now grant me a wish. Take me with you this time."

"Sorry," And young Chaewon took off again. Beomgyu unwillingly chased her back.

I looked at Beomgyu and he looked back at me. I was still holding his arm. This definitely wasn't a dream. We both couldn't dream the same thing and the same time. Or probably, I was imagining everything. Was I going crazy? I slowly let go of him and

We (or only me) were back into reality. I looked at Beomgyu and he was staring back at me. I realised that the mess on his back had disappeared without any trace. His shirt wasn't torn, and neither was he bleeding. I was gone crazy.

"Are you guys having a staring contest? Cause I am feeling quite lonely here. Can I participate in this staring contest as well?" Cherry babbled which finally made me gain my senses back.

"Yeah yeah," I mumbled.

"So what the winner's getting?" Cherry jumped.

Beomgyu looked as lost as I was. We didn't mean to ignore Cherry but we had no idea what she was talking about.

"Let's go. I am hungry," He said in a small voice.

Cherry nodded and walked ahead of both of us. Beomgyu and I looked at each other. Was it real?

"Talk to me later," He whispered. I nodded back and decided not to stare at him. I was sure he was as confused as I was.

***

I and Cherry headed back to our class after the lunch break. Cherry was acting normal. Like very normal. She didn't question about the thing on Beomgyu's back or anything about the vision.

So, I decided to bring it up myself, "Hey, what do you think about Beomgyu?"

"What do you mean? He is a good friend... but if you don't wanna make new friends, I will understand."

"No. Not like that. About what happened this morning."

"What happened this morning?"

"You don't remember?"

"I don't remember what?"

"Beomgyu was missing so we decided to go search for him, and we saw the thorns on his back... The vision? You don't remember?"

Cherry looked at me as if I had gone nuts. She laughed and replied, "Wonie, are you okay? You shouldn't read many books. It will destroy your brain. Beomgyu never went missing in the first place."