𝐀𝐂𝐓 ⁰¹³ : 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

ACT ⁰¹³ : suprise

"Bye," Cherry smiled as she handed me my bag. I boarded the train. It was ten in the morning and we had woken up by the sudden call of my mom. She was asking me to come home as early as possible and told me that there was a surprise for me.

I didn't want any more surprises. But I was curious as well. My mom hadn't surprised me in quite a long time now.

Mrs. Nishimura fed me and send me off to my house. It was nice being there and I made a mental note of coming here often after all of the mess is over.

I took a small nap in the train. Small enough to pass with no nightmares. I reached home and both of my parents were present. I was surprised by the fact that they were home cause weekend or not, they were always working.

"Are you ready for the surprise?" My mom asked excitedly. She looked more happy than I was.

"Sure..."

"Yeonjun's coming over!"

I paused. Wait. Did I hear that right? Yeonjun? Why would Yeonjun from my dreams come over? How did my mom know him? What was going on?

She saw the confusion written across my face and continued, "Oh right... you might not remember him. You both used to play when you were babies and now you both are all grown up! Well he is the son of my cousin. You both were really close when you were younger. Then the family moved to Canada."

"Woah, what."

"Yeah. Now my cousin's job transferred back in Seoul and they are arriving in a few weeks time. They are living in our district... and I am thinking that I should invite Yeonjun over to stay as he also got accepted to the same University as yours."

A lightbulb lit in my head. If Yeonjun would stay over here, then it would be so much easier for our plan to come together. But I needed to confirm if this Yeonjun is really the Choi Yeonjun from my dreams.

I asked my mother for some old photos. I couldn't believe my eyes when she pulled out a whole album of pictures. I carefully went through each and everyone of them alone in my bedroom.

No.
Fucking.
Way.

There was a photo of all seven of us together. I took it out of the album and held it in my hands, closer to me. It was old and was dated fourteen years back. When I was just five.

It was all of us together. I recognized the day as well. The decorations behind told me it was the day of the star festival. My fingers brushed through the image. Yeonjun stood in between Soobin and Huening Kai and had his hands wrapped around their shoulders, while Soobin smiled shyly and Kai held a peace sign. I laughed when I noticed Taehyun and Cherry were actually arguing when the person was taking the photo. Me and Beomgyu tried to pose but were distracted by their bickering.

Without knowing, my ears became hot and a tear rolled down my cheek. My nose became watery. Slowly another tear fell down on the photo. But they were purely made from love. Even though I didn't remember everything, I felt it. I felt how I felt that day. Happy, carefree and loved.

My heart was heavy. I wanted to show them this. I wanted to show them that we had something so deep that nobody in the world could ever imagine. We had each other, and that was enough. I missed them. I missed being loved the way I was when I was with them.

***

You added Beomgyu🤡, Cherry <333, Soupbean, Hyuka in a group chat 'Depressed Hoes'

Soupbean
Ily but I am NOT a hoe.

You
Whatever soobin.
I couldn't think about anything else.
Btw, it's not what I made this group for.
I have a huge news.

Beomgyu🤡
Spill the tea bestie

You
Y'all remember Yeonjun?

Hyuka
How can I even forget after a random blue haired guy hugs me like I am his own child.

Cherry <333
Sounds traumatizing

Hyuka
It was.

Soupbean
Okay moving on
Tell us what happened

You
Yeonjun's coming to my house

Beomgyu🤡
What the fuckkkk
Omggg elaborate!!!

You
So, basically I just got home and my mom hit me with a surprise saying that Yeonjun is my second cousin who had moved to Canada when he was young due to his dad's job and now his dad got transfered back here and Yeonjun got into our Uni

Soupbean
Shit

Beomgyu🤡
Fate is fucking real
It's fuckinf real I am telling you

Cherry <333
Well

Hyuka
So.

You
Yeah that's it

Soupbean
Okay so that makes it easy ig
We don't have to hunt for Yeonjun... he came walking to us

Beomgyu
Flying
He came flying, there ain't no highway to connect seoul and Canada

Soupbean
Shut up Beomgyu

Beomgyu
ShUt uP bEomGyu
Hurts when Beomgyu is right?

Cherry <333
So only taehyun is the one who needs to join the cult

Soupbean
@Beomgyu🤡 It was a way of saying

Hyuka
Let's kidnap tyun

You
Tyun😂

Hyuka
I'll pull up my innocent face and be like
"Tyun! I wanna show you my plushie collection!"
And because tyun loves me sooo much, he will agree right away. I'll take him to the basement and Cherry with attack him from behind.
Chaewon will tie him up and the best Beomgyu can do is stay quite.
Then I will take of my innocent mask and manipulate tyun into joining our cult.
How's the idea?

Cherry <333
Perfect

You
Let's omit the violence, shall we—

Soupbean
Hate this idea because u forgot me.

Beomgyu🤡
Love this idea
When are we gonna take it out

You
Never
Guys, this is serious
We need to convince Taehyun
In a good way

Soupbean
Let's just talk it out with him

Hyuka
And then strangle him if he disagrees

Cherry <333
I agree with Kai

You
*deep sigh*

Beomgyu🤡
Y'all suck