𝐀𝐂𝐓 ⁰⁰⁶ : 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥...

ACT ⁰⁰⁶ : my hundred years old grandma is evil.

It was a lazy Saturday late morning. I sat at the dining table, eating miso soup and rice for breakfast.

I had slept in a few more hours (it was the weekend), that's why my body ached a bit. But at least it wasn't because of work.

My mom was marinating the kimchi. It was weird because normally she used to go out to work early in the morning. My parents worked in a huge Entertainment company... where she was a producer and the vocal trainer.

"Why are you making kimchi so early in the morning?" I asked sleepily.

"It's eleven. And I was just about to tell you. I and your dad is going to Jeju due to our work. That's why grandma's coming over," She said.

Suddenly, that woke me up to the fullest. I jumped up and stood next to her. It had been years since I lived with my Grandma... and her cooking was just amazing.

"Really? Grandma's coming over?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah... but not your Grandma."

That shattered my heart. It wasn't like I had two grandmothers. My father's parents passed away when I was young.

"Then?" I was scared. I think I knew who else it was, but I didn't want to risk it. I hoped with my mind and soul, that wasn't the person I thought she was.

"My grandmother," mom said.

No, I thought dramatically. Not that hundred-years-old woman.

Okay, let me get this straight, I know that we should respect our elders and our family members. I loved my family. But my great grandmother wasn't the type of sweet and caring person... with me. She hated me. She cursed me everytime she saw me and called me a monster. Does anyone do that to a young child?

"Mom!"

"I know, I know. She and you are not on good terms. But it's a perfect time to bond!"

"What about Grandma? My grandmother."

"Mom is busy this week. She has started this yoga class..."

"YOGA CLASS? BUT—"

"Hey, I think it's in your genes for strong bones and long lives."

"Never mind that! I am nineteen and I can live on my own for a few days. Kids my age live alone for foreign studies. Don't you always say that I am a bit pampered? Well, now it's the time for me to live alone!" I argued back.

"Chaewon! That's it. I don't want you arguing anymore. Your great-grandmother is coming over and it's final. She might be in the taxi now. I don't want you to miss behaving in front of her. What will people think? That I have raised you into a disrespectful brat! Go to your room and shower! God!" My mother vented it all out.

Me being me, I grumpily went to my bedroom and cried silent tears. I hated when things didn't go my way... especially on weekends.

But I did as my mother said and cleaned myself up. The only way to ignore my grandmother (I mean "great" grandmother) was to lock myself into my room and pretend I don't exist, or I could go out and come back after she sleeps.

It was a weekend, so I thought it was better to lock myself into the room than wander like a soulless body on the streets. I grabbed an untouched book from my bookshelf, which I wanted to read for quite a long time now but never got the chance because of everything going on. Now, I decided not to dwell on the weird things happening.

I got allured into the book after the first page. It made me senseless about the things around me. The only time I snapped back to my senses was time to check how many pages I finished.