𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⁰⁰¹ : 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER ⁰⁰¹ : it'll be alright

CHOI SOOBIN

I was laying on the grass. Memories of Taehyun telling us to hold hands and the dizzy feeling was fresh in my mind.

I sat up and looked around. Everything around me was blur and hazy. I could make out the lights and lanterns. I could hear people laughing happily. It was night and I could hear the nearby water stream.

It didn't take me long to recognize this place. It was the same place I used to come every year with my parents at the Star festival. The festival of love and wishes.

The laughter grew louder and caught my attention. I walked closer to see seven children playing on the grassed land.

Something inside me tugged. A memory. A warm feeling... a feeling of belongingness.

"Hyuka! Time to go home!" A motherly voice called him out. He bade everyone a goodbye and ran towards his mother.

The kid stumbled and fell down. "Careful!" Said the mother. Young Kai gained his balance again, uniting with his parents.

My vision fell on the ground where Kai fell earlier. Something from the ground emitted sparks. I walked there and picked something up which looked like a dice.

It was a twenty sided dice with number three facing upwards. As soon as I touched it, the sparks took the shape of the star on Taehyun's book.

I picked up the dice and turned my head back at the other kids who were slowly heading back home. I saw myself... my parents. I couldn't hold my tears back as I saw my younger self hold my mother's hand and walk home safely.

My legs weakened and I fell on my knees. The real memories kicked in me and I couldn't bare it.

The promise, the Magic Island, us separating... my parents...

"Soobin," I heard an airy voice. I looked up and saw my mom. She wasn't alive. She was a ghost.

"Mom?"

She kneeled in front of me and held my shoulders. I couldn't feel them, but the touch of her airy mist sent sparks through my body.

"I'm always next to you, even when you can't see me. You are doing great. I am so sorry to leave you like this. I love you so much..."

More tears flooded out of my eyes. My mom leaned in to hug me. A hug I had been carving for years.

"It's going to be alright," She whispered.

"Is it?"

"You have found her. She will help you. She was always meant to. You found her this time and it'll be alright. I promise."

Promise... it was such a funny thing. People made it as easily as they broke it and threw it away. Promises weren't real. They were just mere hopes. And I stopped hoping long time back.

However, for once, I just let her words sink in me. It'll be alright. I promise.

A/n: I am not proud to end this chapter this short but bare with me and my uncreative ass. I am just happy that I am back again yayy ♡