𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⁰⁰³ : 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

CHAPTER ⁰⁰³ : hope

CHOI BEOMGYU

I didn't know that my past was so... vulgar. If this was my past, I should have been mentally unstable suicidal child because this wasn't it.

Alright, let me give y'all the exact detail of the scene that laid in front of me to know where I was coming from.

After doing some time travel shit and spending some moment for gaining my consciousness, I realised that I was standing in front of a house.

It looked fucking haunted.
To top it up, it was pitch dark outside and a storm swirling in the clouds.

Everything looked very much like the upside down from Stranger Things and I wondered whether Chaewon did some Eleven thing and soon I was going to a be a meal for a hideous monster.

Apart from that, I was perfectly fine.

There might have been a reason that Chaewon's (or Taehyun's, whatever) time travel magic made me end up in front of this shaggy old house, so I walked in.

It was better to stand outside in a storm and getting eaten up by a demogorgon anyways.

The door creaked as I walked in. The house was not what it looked like from outside. Sure, it was grey and broken here and there. But it was huge. Like a mansion.

From outside it was only two floored but now I could see the spiral staircase leading up to seven storeys (I am not going to question it because I had seen wilder stuff by now).

Before I could make a decision for my next move, I heard human voices. They sounded angry but familiar.

"Beomgyu, we don't have to do this." I heard my name but I knew it wasn't meant for me... as in present me.

Curiosity filled me and I walked to the room labelled 17. A small push was enough but it was fastened with a door chain lock so much of my view was blocked.

But I could see myself. I wasn't young. I realised... this wasn't my past. This was the future.

The future Beomgyu had something in his hand... a large book. Taehyun's spellbook.

"Beomgyu, give it to me," I heard the person say again. The voice was extremely familiar. I couldn't make out the exact person because of the storm outside. The thunders muted some of their words but I could make out their conversation.

"I won't let you do it," Future Beomgyu replied.

I thought of the most brilliant idea which was original and flawless. I took out my phone, opened my camera and started recording a video.

I pushed my phone through the door in order to get a clearer view but also making sure that I don't get caught.

"You have to listen to me! Everything's over. Taehyun was right! We shouldn't have met. It was a mistake that we all made that promise, the star festival... all of it was a huge mistake. Now, just... let's just end this here before it gets any worse," The person, who I could now see her short hair and some kind of a familiar uniform. No way, that was...

"So, you are saying that us being friends and all ours hardships and memories together was nothing but a mistake?"

"The friendship? That's more important? More important than our lives?"

"I have no life without this. No memories. No love. Only pain, Cherry. We finally have a chance to fix this and we are so close."

"Close? The others are missing! Probably dead, we don't know! And you think we can fix this? The only way to fix it is forgetting that it ever happened. Let's just forget everything and leave." Cherry said.

"No," I almost fanboyed over the way Beomgyu said it so fiercely. The fire in his eyes and everything.

On the serious side, I had no idea what was going on. Why was I arguing with Cherry? What did she meant by others were missing? If this was the future, I wasn't excited to meet it.

Cherry tried to snatch the book from future Beomgyu's hands but he held it as if his life depended on it.

During the struggle, the future Beomgyu lost his balance and crashed down. He fell out of the camera range and as I tried to fix it I saw the  the blood splattered on the wall as the wooden spikes forced themselves out of future Beomgyu's back. He groaned in pain.

I remembered how it felt. It was thrice as painful as if looked. As if thousands of knifes were passed through your body and a huge ball of metal balanced on your shoulder and back.

Cherry gasped and she took a step backwards. She kept moving backwards and that's when I got the hint that she was going to run away.

I moved away from the door and hid in the shadow. Just a second later, Cherry ran out as I had foreseen.

My hands were shaking with fear after watching the thing actually happen. How terrifying I looked with those wooden thorns. As if I was the real monster.

If I was Cherry in that situation, I would run away too.

Now that I knew this was going to happen, maybe I could prevent it from happening in my timeline.
And I would do everything to keep everyone of us together.