Cursed

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships and cheating – lot's of red flags, so trigger warning for that. Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

"Chase..." I gasped, looking her up and down as she stepped forward.

I looked around, expecting to see Rooster with her, I didn't see him, she was alone.

Honestly I was more than a little bit happy to see her, she looked tired but still beautiful, I was suddenly jealous of Rooster being the one to be with her, I didn't think it would hurt this much to see her.

"Why are you here?" I growled at her, she stepped back at my tone of voice, I saw her start to shiver and wrap her arms around herself.

"I...I wanted to see you."

"I thought that I made it clear that I didn't want to see you..." I growled.

I started to advance on her, I saw the fear in her eyes as I did, I felt sick to my stomach, I didn't want to be the cause of that fear, but she fucking had to get away from me.

"I don't believe that..."

I moved more, dipping us in a dark corner of the shit, I grabbed under her arms and slight raised her off the ground, so she was on her tip toes, back pressed against the wall.

"Why is it so hard to believe?"

"Because you care about me."

"I don't, I was just being stupid."

She burst into sobs.

"If you don't come with me now, I will never forgive you, ever...so be sure that you want me to go, because that choice, that choice is fucking permanent. If you do this, I will never open my heart to you again Jake." She cried, anger in her voice. Her using my given name was almost like a slap to the face.

I felt my heart break, she wasn't serious, she couldn't be serious, she was just trying to raddle me, and for a moment I did, not that I would show her that.

I stepped back, dropping her back down onto her feet, she wrapped her arms around herself.

"Well?" She goaded, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Leave Chase."

She looked as if I slapped her, with that she turned and left, I watched as she ran down the galley way to her ship, when I saw her disappear in to the door.

I backed up against the wall, moving down to the sitting position and putting my arms on my knees and buried my head in it, sobbing.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

I walked down the hallway, angry and hurt, I should have gone back to Rooster, but I had a feeling I might take my anger out on him, instead I walked to the situation room on deck.

There was a private there, I nodded at him, I could tell by the double take that he gave me that he knew who I said.

"Uh hi... do you need a computer?"

"Yes, I can sign in on my credentials."

"Can I get you anything?"

I didn't look at him, I needed to work on something – I opened up a file that I had stashed away on my private network, it was for a new bomb.

"Yes can you get me some coffee..." Wordlessly he got up and seemed to be decided if he should salute me, I waved my hand to get him away. He did so.

I was so pissed off that I had the idea of just leaving them both...realizing that I had tired that and it didn't work, it was like we were cursed or something, throwing myself into my work would help.