Betrayal

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence.

Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships – trigger warning for that.

Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

{A Few Hours Later}

"Are you sure that Beau cleared this?" I questioned; I was worried because this seemed very suddenly.

"Yes, and you heard the doctor, you are free to move about."

"They also said that I couldn't do anything vigorous." I muttered, clearly hinting at him not being able to fuck me.

"I'll be gentile with you..." He gently teased back.

"Where are we going?" I let out a painful his as I pulled myself up into the car, letting out a little yelp at the pain of moving.

"Careful baby." With a sigh he got into the other side of the car.

"Maverick has offered a place where he stays in Nevada...it's a small home and we will be safe there, it's a Hangar near an airbase."

"Where they tested the DarkStar." I muttered.

"How did you know that?"

"Maverick and I have talked before..." I covered. I was missing Hangman, because he knew who I really was, and I wasn't sure that I could ever let Rooster know, plus I wondered why Beau was cleaning me to leave – was I safe?

As we drove off base I jumped when Rooster put his hand on my thigh.

"You have never jumped at my touch." He sadly muttered.

"It's not that, I'm just on edge, I'm glad that we will be spending time together. I feel safe with you"

"I know that you are unsure of us... of everything after losing him, but I am not leaving your side or giving up on us...I will keep you safe and we will work through this."

I felt tears start to fall down my face, he gripped my thigh tighter, I felt so silly, I hadn't even known Hangman that long, but, the feelings were there and I couldn't deny them. I was terrified of the Black Ops actually giving me evidence of his death – even though I asked for it.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

I watched from the upper office down at Bradley putting her in to the car, I saw that it hurt her, and I never wanted to do something more than wanting to go down and help her.

I had to fake my death.

Everything had been monitored because of her, and I do mean everything as it turns out.

The recovery team had pulled me out but I was taken back to the aircraft carrier in secret, Beau had explained that the people who want to deal with Chase had contacted me via encrypted e-mail, offering me an absurd amount of money if I would help them, and that they can show me why she needed to either taken or killed.

I would never accept it, but Beau said that one way we can end this is if I join them – or at least hear them out, I would be watched and pulled out if it got too dangerous, but I needed to find out what they knew about her.

I wanted to protect her, and this was a matter of national security, but the idea of betraying her like this, it was almost to much for me to bare.

I had to do this, and pray that they would forgive me for letting them think that I had died, with a sigh I made my way to leave the base, to meet them at the rendezvous point.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

{10 Hours Later}

We drove for 8 hours before I said we had to stop, my side of hurting, we were currently staying in a modest hotel and had just gotten dinner.

I was laying in bed awake, Rooster hand long since fallen asleep, we were sharing a bed, why I felt natural to be next to him, the bed felt empty without another man with is, and that was what was keeping me up.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up.

Unknown

Come to the room next door, door is open, we have information that you will find interesting.

I recognized the number somewhat and quickly I got out of bed, silently slipping from the room I made my way to the only door near us, I tried the handle it opened, when I walked in one three of the Black Ops team members where there.

"Hi..."

"Sit down, we found him, he's alive." One said without hesitation as I walked into the room.

I felt my legs give out and one of the guys stepped forward and grabbed me, setting me down on a chair.

"Brace yourself, that isn't all of it, look at this video feed."

He handed me a tablet and pressed play, it was a video of a coffee shop, I saw what was clearly Hangman, my Hangman sitting at a table with three other men, talking, he looked very much alive.

"What...what am I looking at?"

"He...he's meeting with the guys who hired the person who did that..." He pointed at my stomach. "The same guys who got your twin killed."

"W...what..." I looked back at the screen, but brain going short circuit at this news, I couldn't do anything.

This can't be real, I mean... he's my Hangman, he wouldn't.... 

"Oh god..." I stood up and turned my back from the screen.