23 | Alcohol is my coping mechanism

Start from the beginning

"You weren't answering-" he starts explaining trying to grasp at me again."Just let me fucking help you."

"Get out!" I groan just wanting to be alone like I have been and I was good. I just needed it to calm my nerves and let me have my inner peace.

"Adalia I'm just trying to help you," he grabs my arms finally and pulls me towards him no matter how much I fight him.

"Please stop fighting." I feel my tears soaking his shirt. I keep pushing against him because I don't deserve this comfort.

No you don't. You deserve to be the one hit by the bullet.

"Let me go, Asher." I cry and I keep pushing against his chest but he won't let up. My panic rises and suddenly I'm not here again.

I keep my hand pressed on his chest and I'm sobbing relentlessly once I see the blood seeping through my fingers. I keep calling his name but I don't know if I'm actually speaking.

"Look what you did,"  the masked man stood above me as I tried to stop him from dying."You're a selfish bitch."

"Don't tell her that."  His head turns and I feel his heart slowing down. He slowly turn his eyes back to me."it's not your fault, A."

"Yes it is. Look at him, tesoro. Watch the life in his eyes die ever so slowly." The guy is now near my ear. I can hear the ambulance so far in the distance. "You got him killed. Trying to save yourself while he spent his last few minutes trying to save you."

"No..No!" I scream once his eyes start to close and his heart is so slow. I look around to see as the paramedics are running toward me. The other guy gone.

I finally push hard enough against Asher that he lets go off me. "Please stop touching me. Leave me."

I see him run his fingers through his hair panicked on how to deal with me. He seems to think of something once he pulls his phone out his pocket and starts typing rapidly."Come on. Come on."

I spot the bottle he's no longer holding onto and is focused on the device in his hand. I slowly reach toward it and grab it, putting the top to my lips and drinking.

He looks up and goes to reach for it but his phone dings in his hand.

"I need your help. " He says immediately, putting the person on speaker. I can still hear my self crying. The person on speaker stops all movement.

"Asher, where are you?" I hear Ariel say on the phone.

"With Adalia." He responds not taking his eyes off me and watching my alcohol intake.

She groans. "Why are you there?"

"She wasn't answering my calls!" He excuses.

"She's not answering anyone!" She tells him."look just give her time, talk to her tomorrow and just go."

"I'm not leaving."Asher speaks into the phone. I hate that they're acting like I'm not sitting here but maybe it's for the better if they act like I don't exist because I shouldn't. I'm a horrible person.

"Stop." He cuts off her talking and his eyes are set on me. "I can see it on your face. Stop it."

"Asher just go-"

"What the hell kind of best friend are you that is telling me to abandon her when she needs help, Ariel? She's crying, drinking, bleeding and having attacks and you want me to just walk away like I didn't see shit! That's bullshit." He yells.

"Why is she bleeding?" She asks confused.

"I tried to get the bottle from her and fell at the same time she dropped it." He explains.