Chapter 22: My Freedom

AN: APRIL 2

Hey Homies, here's an update of My Lovely Roommate! Please don't forget to leave a vote to support the story and enjoy the chapter ⭐️

🏠🏠🏠

I heard my alarm go off and opened my eyes, quickly turning it off. I'd usually feel hazy when I first woke up, but it was almost as if I wasn't tired at all. Something tightened around my waist tightened.

I turned to the side, taking in a sharp breath as I saw Jax's face only inches away from mine. He was shirtless, just like every other morning. He always hated sleeping with clothes on.

Jax looked so different when he was asleep, he had the same face and the same features: high cheekbones, nicely accentuated face, flawless skin. But when his eyes were closed, he seemed so much less harmful, sometimes making me forget why I hated him so much.

I wonder if this is what he looked like when he was a kid. Sereine and harmless.

I wanted to ask him so many questions and understand how he became so complex.

"If you think I'm capable of such menial emotions like love, or empathy, then you're sorely mistaken."

I bit my lower lip. Maybe it was just my imagination, but he sounded so lonely when he said that, and his eyes even looked... Sad.

"But for some reason, you bother me."

Was Jax really as cruel and heartless as he acted? Or was it a character that he molded for himself?

I reached out and touched his face, looking at him in confusion and frustration.

Why can't I understand you?

Jax opened his eyes, startling me. I quickly pulled my hand away, but he took my hand and placed it against his chest.

I could feel his heartbeat against my palm. Maybe he is human after all.

"I have to go," I blurted in panic, quickly sitting up. "I have class."

"Can't you call in sick?" He asked, his voice huskier than usual. I could tell that he was annoyed. It was kind of cute.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you really expect me to spend the rest of the day in bed with you?"

"Yeah."

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat," I muttered. "You have work this afternoon, your manager's going to get mad at you again. I bet you'd be fired by now if you weren't so popular in the industry."

"You're so stupid," he murmured.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"You always put others before yourself when the world has done nothing but bad to you. It's sad."

"If you feel so bad for me, then why don't you try being a little bit nicer?" I asked. "Oh right, you don't do empathy, do you?"

He smiled. "You have me all figured out."

"One day I'll leave you," I murmured, pulling myself towards the edge of the bed. My body stiffened as my bare toes touched the cold floor. "And you'll regret everything."

"I probably will."

My eyes widened, turning towards him in surprise. Jax laid there, with one hand in his messy bed hair as he stared at the ceiling with an expression on his face I couldn't quite read. His blue orbs then flickered towards me, and he smiled. "Sike."