Chapter 15: A dilemma

A/N: Oct 14, 2022

🏠 🏠🏠

It was Monday morning. I didn't want to go to class, but staying home seemed an even worse option. Madison came the next day, and I had to pretend everything was fine. It disgusted me how Jax casually flirted with her, how he was playing with her feelings. I wondered how Jax slept at night despite all the sins he had committed. Did he feel no remorse? Any guilt? Did he even have any empathy? Despite knowing him for four years, I hardly knew a thing about him. He never told me anything personal since our conversations always remained shallow. I never really got the chance to talk to him. He only came to me when it was convenient for him. 

Everything was a blank: his friends, his family, his childhood, his goals in life. 

Just who was Jax Bowden? 

After asking myself questions I had no answers to, I arrived at my stop. As soon as I got off the bus, someone shouted my name. Lola tackled me, and I almost fell over, bumping into a few people who grumbled in annoyance. 

"Hey, watch it. There are people!" I said, quickly pulling her where there were fewer people. 

"Are you okay? I couldn't get ahold of you after Friday night," she said, touching my face and patting down my arms to make sure all my limbs were intact. 

"Of course you couldn't. You're the one who took my phone!" I snapped. She let out a sheepish chuckle, pulling it out of her pocket and handing it to me. "I went through hell because of this." 

"I didn't think we'd be separated," she mumbled, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. She then glanced toward me with a curious look in her eyes. "Somebody told me that they saw you leave with Toby." 

I tried not to groan. Oh, right, and then there was him. 

"Yeah, I ended up getting too drunk, and he took care of me," I sighed. A smile grew on Lola's face, and my eyes quickly narrowed. "It's not what you think-"

"Did you guys do the dirty dirty?!" She gasped, grabbing my arm. 

I rolled my eyes. "No doofus, he's straight," I said. "Besides, I've decided to stop sleeping with random people, especially after the last time."

I shivered at the thought. "Anyway, let's go. We're going to be late for class." 

Lola linked her arm around mine and pulled me closer to her as we started to walk. I furrowed my brow, wondering why she wasn't trying to beat the crap out of me. 

"You know, Toby's a really nice guy," she started with a mischievous look. 

"Lola-"

"Even as a friend," she quickly added. "He's a really caring guy. I think you'll really like him." She whipped her hair back. "As a friend." 

I knew what she was trying to do, but I was too tired to argue. There was no doubt that Toby was a good person, but I decided it was best if I didn't get too involved with him. I didn't want to risk getting close to him and getting hurt in the end for obvious reasons. It didn't really help that he was totally my type too. I could still remember how he held onto me so I wouldn't fall, the peaceful, serene look on his face when he was asleep, and his perfectly sculpted body. 

I mentally shook my head. Yeah, it wouldn't be good for me if I became too close to him. 

Lola and I made it to the classroom. I avoided Mr. Gab's gaze, briskly walking past him and taking a seat at the very back with Lola. Toby entered the classroom a few minutes later, and I quickly looked away, leaning my cheek against my knuckles and turning my head towards Lola. 

"He's a really caring guy. I think you'll really like him."

Me too.

🏠🏠🏠

Chapter 16 & 17 are already available on Patreon :) you can subscribe for early updates and uncensored chapters! Here is a sneak peek of chapter 18 btw coming soon on Patreon!!

Please don't forget to leave a vote to support the story 🫂