Chapter 11: Kim Ji Hoon, a human

A/N: Aug 23, 2022

I have exciting news! The Fall of the System has just been released as a paperback :) you can check out the completed BxB trilogy on Amazon by clicking the link in my bio.

Here is the cover reveal:

🏠🏠🏠

The rest of the night went by like a snap of a finger. Toby and I drank and emptied so many cups that the bartender was starting to look concerned. I was good at holding my alcohol, but I still had my limits, my face probably now bright while my head spun in circles. Toby on the other hand, looked like a new client who just arrived in the bar.

I was struggling to keep my balance and sit up, and as time went by, the worse of a state I was in. It was getting hard for me to focus on what Toby was saying, and my eyes kept flickering towards his rose-red lips, admiring the shape of his sharp jaw, before finally looking at the deep hues of his chestnut eyes that made me weak.

I bit my lower lip as I felt his knee graze against mine, feeling a jolt of sparks. Everything felt sexual when I was drunk, which was one of the reasons why most of my one night stands happened when I was completely wasted.

It was a dirty feeling, one that always disgusted me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Toby asked. "Maybe we should stop drinking, you look like you're burning up."

He reached over to touch my forehead but I quickly stood up from my seat, grabbing onto the counter so that I wouldn't fall. It would be bad if he touched me now, real bad.

"I um, I need to go to the bathroom," I mumbled, trying not to slur my words. My legs wouldn't work properly and it was a miracle that I actually made it to the bathroom without toppling onto the floor. I entered one of the stalls, locking the door behind me and leaning my back against it. My eyes swiveled towards the back of my head in a distress sense of headache, and I arched my neck so that I wouldn't vomit. My mouth was sore from the amount of alcohol that I poured down my throat, and I was starting to regret all my life decisions.

I bit my lower lip, remembering the feel of Toby's knee against mine and mentally scolded myself for getting turned on by such a small thing.

I need to call Jax.

I searched my pockets for my phone but groaned when I remembered that she confiscated it.

"Ji Hoon?" called a voice from outside the stall. "Are you okay?"

Jax would never ask me that, so it definitely wasn't him. Gosh, I want to see him.

My heart tightened at the thought.

"Ji Hoon, can you open the door please?"

I fiddled with the lock until I finally managed to twist it, the door slowly creaking open.

"I... I need to get home."

I need to go see Jax, he might be home.

But as I took a step forward, my leg completely felt numb and I tripped. Toby quickly caught me in his strong arms, my face squished against his rock, hard chest. The smell of alcohol was replaced by the minty, pine scent of his shirt which made me feel a little less nauseous. My eyes started closing.

"You're burning up," he murmured, placing the back of his hand against my neck to check my temperature. My eyes widened from his touch, a tingly sensation causing me to take two wobbly steps back. He tried to take a step closer but I raised my flimsy hand and stopped him.

"D-Don't," I stuttered in a shaky voice.

His jaw tightened but he didn't move. "Ji Hoon, what's wrong? Why won't you let me touch you?"

"Because I'm gay!" I shouted, my booming voice echoing inside the bathroom.

Silence.

I waited for him to smirk and make fun of me, sneer a few insults before getting as far away from me as possible, like the students in my high school used to do.

I waited for him to look down at me with condescending eyes full of my horror and repugnance, like my parents and other family members always did.

I waited for him to tell me that I was disgusting and take advantage of my vulnerability, mentally and physically abusing me like Jax so often did.

"And I'm straight."

My gaze raised towards his, my brows creasing in confusion. "What?" I managed to whisper.

He rubbed the nape of his neck with a shy smile. "Oh, I thought we were both announcing our sexual orientations to each other," he chuckled softly.

I stared at him, unable to understand him. "Doesn't it bother you?" I pressed desperately, trying to understand why he looked so calm and composed, and why in the he was still looking at me with kind eyes and a warm smile.

"Does it bother you that I like girls?" he interjected.

I scowled. "O-O-Of course not."

He took a step closer towards me, but this time I didn't back away.

"Well, you just answered your own question," Toby smiled. "Now come on, I'll call a taxi for you."

Before I could protest, he bent his knees a little so that I could put my arm around his shoulders while he held onto my waist, making sure that I wouldn't fall flat on my face when walking.

Nothing about the way he touched me or looked at me felt sexual.

But nothing about the way he acted showed any sign of revolt or disgust either.

It was almost as if he was treating me as a human, as Kim Ji Hoon. And I knew that no matter how drunk I was, this was a feeling that I would never forget.

🏠🏠🏠

Please leave a vote if you enjoyed ⚜

A/N: what's your favorite social media platform?
I think mine is Instagram. I spend way too much time watching reels 🥲

Btw I created a tiktok account dedicated to my books! My tiktok account is ij_hidee

Feel free to follow me for bxb book content ✨ I'll see you guys in the next update!! You can always join my Patreon for exclusive bxb stories or advanced chapters, but ofc I'll also be updating here :) probably sometime this week, so keep an eye out for that 👀