The dice in enemy's court

Start from the beginning

“What has Taehyung done this time to make mama so angry in the morning?” Jeongguk walks in and asks. He gets closer to his parents greeting them respectfully and hugging his mother. Jaehan quickly greets him. Jeongguk looks at him and then sits next to him.

“Your mother is very angry with the young master of the Kim family.” Mr. Jeon points at the magazine. He has seen Taehyung as a child several times accompanying his father and grandfather. The child was a bundle of energy but not harmful. 

Jeongguk's eyes fall to the cover page of ‘the turbulence’ magazine and get the idea of what the matter could have been. Taehyung has written another controversial article for his mother to feel this way. She is like that each time something related to Yeon is written she gets her blood pressure high, thinking about her sister-in-law.

Jeongguk says nothing. He has already read the article and has seen how it affected the government, how it poked the wounds of the people Taehyung might have wanted to do, and also how it affected Taehyung and his family. He asks the butler to put the magazine away.

The butler nods handing the magazine to a maid and asking her to put it in the store. He then serves Jeongguk and others breakfast. But Mrs. Jeon’s gaze was on the magazine that was taken away. She boils up again as if waiting for Jeongguk to show her disapproval of that Kim kid.

“Can you imagine what goes on in this person’s head? How troubled was my sister after reading it and Ji’s would not tolerate this nonsense.” She says looking at Jeongguk wanting his opinion.

“Though not all facts are written, the history can’t be considered as wrong, I am amazed that he has so much knowledge of Gandok,” Mr. Jeon says making Mrs. Jeon chuckle dryly.

“You are worried about the facts?” She scolds.

Mr. Jeon ignores her statement. “And his other articles make me remind of my time as a young man.” Mr. Jeon smiles adding fuel to the fire. The Jeon couples were family-oriented people, their love for family and friends was immense and it is reflected in Jeongguk’s nature also.

Mrs. Jeon or Bella Jeon has a big social circle and likes to gain media attention with all her parties and meetings with friends. She likes to dress well and buy all sorts of expensive and antique items to decorate her house. 

Eric Jeon is simple compared to her, he is not that ambitious but has a good insight into things. He is a very learned man and a decent human being, very well known for his humble nature. They are very good parents and have created a very warm atmosphere at home.

Their house is considered luxurious and classy ranking second in the beautiful houses of Gandok. First in ranking is Kim’s, with its beautiful design, interiors, and facilities. Mrs. Jeon is always silently competing with Mrs. Kim as fueled by her friends.

But that’s not all to her, she is a good mother, a good sister, and cares for the people around her. She even treats her maids and butlers like a family. She just gets influenced easily is all.

Jaehan was not able to understand why his mother was so angry with the handsome hyung he met at the party when he has been so friendly with him. He comes happy as the name is mentioned in front of him by his family and curiously asks his brother.

“Hyung when can I meet Taehyungie hyung again?” Jaehan asks making Jeongguk look at him.

He sees the happiness in his brother’s eyes and knows Jaehan has grown fond of Taehyung but this name is like a taboo to them at the moment and he was not sure what the future holds.