Chapter Sixty Three

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Fleur had asked Noel a couple of weeks ago if she would do her the honor of being one of her bridesmaids. Noel was so excited, she had never been to a wedding before. Neither Muggle nor Magical.

Unfortunately, that meant that she had to stay at the Burrow to help prepare for the wedding.

"Noel, have you gotten your N.E.W.T. results yet?" Hermione asked conversationally. They were all in Ron's room.

"Yeah... I got 11 N.E.W.T.s." She said a bit absentmindedly. She flipped through her book, only looking up at the continued silence. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just— you say it so casually."

"I mean, it was hard but it's not like I couldn't do it." She shrugged.

"You're going with us right? To find the Horcruxes?" Ron asked, lowering his voice to a whisper. Noel shifted uncomfortably and waited for Harry to answer.

He cleared his throat and wrung his hands together nervously. "No she's not."

Ron frowned looking between the two. He exchanged looks with Hermione and when she shook her head discreetly he understood. "Oh."

Noel sighed deeply and stood up, "Yeah, oh." She said a bit amused. "By the way, your mum has been asking around what you guys are up to. She talked to my dad yesterday and told him to convince you guys to go back to school. He won't of course, but you know Mrs Weasley, she won't let it go."

"Yeah, dad asked me and I told him that Harry has something to do under Dumbledore's orders. He dropped it after that."

Noel quirked her eyebrow and shut the door quietly.

Ron and Hermione turned to look at Harry who was staring at the door where she had disappeared behind. "So..."

"I don't want to talk about it." Harry muttered.

"When did you break up?"

"Dumbledore's funeral."

"You're an idiot." Hermione said simply.

Harry truly felt like one.

Mrs Weasley was determined to keep the kids busy with preparations for the wedding that they hardly had any time to think. The kindest explanation of this behavior would have been that Mrs. Weasley wanted to distract them all from thoughts of Mad-Eye and the terrors of their recent journey. After two days of nonstop cutlery cleaning, of color-matching favors, ribbons, and flowers, of de-gnoming the garden and helping Mrs. Weasley cook vast batches of canapés, however, Harry started to suspect her of a different motive.

All the jobs she handed out seemed to keep him, Ron, and Hermione away from one another; he had not had a chance to speak to the two of them alone since the first night.