Chapter Ten

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel wiped her forehead as the blazing sun shined down on her. Noel and Remus spent most of their time outside in their vegetable garden, "Dad! Can we please go back inside? You don't even like zucchini!" Noel groaned. She loved being outside but it was incredibly hot and she has been thoroughly depressed since getting home from Hogwarts.

Harry hadn't written any letters to her since summer began. She had sent him one through the muggle post knowing that his family doesn't like owls. She grew up with a mixture of muggle and wizard customs so it wasn't as if she sent the letter wrong. She thought that after spending a whole school year together they would've still talked but apparently that wasn't the case.

Remus tried reassuring her that he may be busy or the letter didn't arrive. She debated whether or not to send him another one with their owl Asra.

Walking inside their cottage Remus set out a pitcher of ice cold water for them to enjoy. "It's so hot. Why can't we just let the crops die." Noel complained.

Remus chuckled, "Because we both know that this is much more sustainable. You don't like the wax that the vegetables have when they come from the market." He said, drowning down a cup of water and going for another.

"Heard anything from Harry?" He asked her. Her smile dropped at his name and shifted in her seat.

"No, I'm not sending him another letter." She muttered. On the table was a postcard from Paris; Seren and Dylan took a holiday and had been sending postcards from all the places they've visited.

"Maybe you should send it with Asra this time," he suggested gently.

"What if he read the one I sent and just chose not to respond?"

"I highly doubt that Jellybean. Just send him a letter on what you've done and ask what he's done. Just try."

Remus stood up and left the kitchen. Noel rubbed her temple but pulled out a parchment and pen nonetheless and started to write.

Hi Harry!

Hopefully Asra delivered this to the right place.

How have you been? Have you heard from Sirius? I hope he's alright. How has your summer been? Dad and I have been out in the garden almost all summer. I had sent a letter for your birthday through the post but maybe it got lost in the mail. Uh, to be honest nothing too interesting has happened here, I hope you're doing alright with your aunt and uncle Harry. If you ever need to call I do have a land line

Noel

She scrunched her nose, not at all satisfied with the letter but gave it to Asra nonetheless. "To Harry Potter please." Asra nipped her gently and took to the sky. Noel dragged the basket to the sink and put herself to work, washing the fruits and vegetables picked.