Chapter Twenty Three

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Arriving at the house Noel noticed a few changes. The couch was transfigured into a bed that was littered with pillows and blankets along with a few dog hairs.

"Seems like someone is enjoying their stay." Noel said simply, walking into the kitchen and noticing that the fridge was fully stocked.

"Yeah well Dumbledore takes advantage of nice people." Remus muttered waving his wand around so the sitting room was neat again. "Talking about nice people..." Noel grabbed a few grapes and walked over to the couch so she could take a seat next to him.

"Do you remember Theodore Nott? My year in Slytherin?"

Remus nodded, looking at her suspiciously. "Yes?"

"His dad is a Death Eater and after the third task he asked for help. We've actually already formulated a plan but I needed to let you know that we might be hosting another fugitive." Noel gave him a sheepish smile.

"Noel..." Remus gave her a look of annoyance.

"Would you like to hear the plan first?" She asked giving him puppy eyes so he wouldn't get mad at her. Remus rolled her eyes and gestured with his hand for her to continue.

"He's going to get access to his mothers vault, which is legally his. Then he's going to ... simply run away. I know that doesn't sound like we actually know what we're doing but we created an alphabetic so we could talk in code. We'll be able to communicate and won't get in trouble if letters get intercepted."

"Coded letters is smart." Remus noted. "Noel just be careful alright, you know I won't turn the idea down but ask for help okay? Don't do anything alone, especially now, especially us." He emphasized.

Noel gave him a look of understanding. "I know da. I'll always ask for help." She ate her grapes for a while before realizing that Sirius wasn't actually in the house.

"Where's Sirius?"

Remus looked down at his watch, "He's probably out running, if he tracks mud inside the house again I'm going to rip my hair out." Remus said, sighing and closing his eyes. He laid his head back against the back of the couch.

"How was the full?" Noel asked him quietly. "It was good, I didn't think it was a good idea for Padfoor to join but Sirius is a stubborn bastard and didn't listen to me."

"And?"

"It was... good. I think he missed his friend, he's been lonely."

"I bet he was. I bet they both were. Are. Have you talked about everything yet? I know you don't like confrontation but you should clear the air dad. Have a clean slate if you must." Noel suggested. Remus cocked his head to the side and gave her a look that said 'don't make me do something I don't want to do just because it's the responsible thing to do.'