Chapter Nineteen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

A new article was released by Rita Skeeter and instead of writing about one witch or wizard but two. She had written about Noel and Hagrid.

Rita had overheard Hagrid talking about his giantess mother. Giants were known to be ill mannered and angry, they were amongst one of the groups that were discriminated against and outcasted, many living in the north near the mountains. She had also written  about Noel who was a classified half-breed because of her dad's lycanthropy.

Rita linked the two together in the article saying that Dumbledore had a habit of housing half-breeds and protecting them. She continued to say that Dumbledore should rethink who he houses while Harry Potter is in the castle, as everyone knew that Giants and Werewolves sided with You-Know-Who during the wizarding war.

Noel had read the Prophet with teary eyes as Rita continued to say things about herself and Remus. She burnt the newspaper and sent an owl canceling her subscription as she charmed her bed draped shut. Heartbroken and saddened.

She ignored her roommates and refused to eat dinner. She knew she couldn't hide forever but she would as long as she could.

Which ended up lasting a week.

Luna would come in and update her on what people were saying. No one cared about Noel's status as much as they did about Hagrid's because everyone had figured it out the year before when their professor's condition was exposed but Luna was honest and told her that a lot more people were talking about it.

Luna told her about the temporary Care of Magical Creature Professor who would be taking over for Hagrid who had too gone into hiding since the article came out.

Noel was upset, she didn't care about her blood status but she did care about people knowing. People who weren't at Hogwarts especially because she knew what people like her and her father faced.

They faced alienation and discrimination. They faced hardships that are set in stone and Noel didn't want her life to be harder than what it already was. It was unfair to her and to Hagrid to have their private, personal information to be exposed like that to the public without their consent or knowledge.

A week had gone by when Harry had finally had enough. He wanted to give her space and he would check in with Luna but he missed his friend and if he couldn't get through with Hagrid then maybe he would with Noel.

He made his way to the Ravenclaw common room and after several attempts at the riddle he was finally able to get in. He had never actually been to her dorm.

When they hung out there they stayed in the common room so they wouldn't disturb her roommates.

Harry spotted a 1st year and kindly asked her if they knew where Noel's dorm was. They eagerly helped him and lead him towards the room. Harry was half expecting the stairs to to turn into a slide like they normally would in the Gryffindor tower but they stayed put and in no time he was in front of her door.