Chapter Twenty Six

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel woke up in the ass crack of dawn, she was sure no one was awake but she had a dreamless sleep.  She got up and got ready, put on something that were presentable, and made her look nice. This summer Noel had grown into her body more and was standing now at a whopping 5' 8".  She made her way down the front, took Hades out, fed him and then fed herself some toast.

She was tired but her nerves were keeping her awake, as well as the sounds that the old house made, were creepy and would freak her out whenever she woke up in the middle of the night. Mrs Weasley came down obviously not having expected anyone up, she jumped a little when she saw Noel eating quietly at the table.

"Oh! Noel, you scared me." She laughed a little, making her way towards the stove, starting on breakfast.

"Sorry."

"It's alright dear, I keep forgetting that you're an early bird unlike mine, who I have to drag them out of bed."

Noe gave her a small smile. "It's scary isn't it? Giving yourself up so willingly for something you don't know the outcome of." Noel said after a while, thinking about the night before, how everyone at the table was ready to jump the gun and fight while she was still scared of nightmares.

"It is... it's even more scary knowing that once they'll be able to make that decision, I won't be able to stop them, just hope and pray that they'll be alright, that they'll come back to me in piece." Mrs Weasley said from where she was cracking some eggs into a bowl.

Noel watched Mrs Weasley for a few minutes wondering if a mothers love is different from a fathers. Noel had never been curious about her birth mother, she was content with the people she had in her life, with the love she was given. Was a mothers love more warm and inviting, would she instinctively go to her mother for comfort rather than her dad? Noel looked at Mrs Weasley and recalled all the times in the last couple of weeks that she's shown her kids love.

When she made them their favorite breakfast after they realized that they wouldn't be staying in the comfort of their own home that summer. When she healed one of Ginny's cuts, or when she cut the twins' hair. They looked so comfortable and safe, they trusted her and she did an excellent job. It's the same little thing that Remus does with Noel but she felt a pang each time she saw it because she doesn't know what it is to feel a mothers love.

Noel loves her dad, more than anything and she sometimes lays awake at night dreading the day that he'd leave, she can't survive this world without him, she could never be the same if Remus Lupin dies and leaves her behind. Embarrassingly, Noel felt her eyes begin to sting and wiped them in time before Remus walked in.

"Noel." He said in a sing-song voice, causing her to look up. "Good morning Jellybean, how are we feeling? Hello Molly."

"Good morning, Remus. Tea?"