Chapter Thirty Three

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel walked into Defense begrudgingly. Noel had been anxious all day now, with the news of Umbridge being allowed to inspect teachers she was bound to walk into one of Noel's lessons and realize that she was in a N.E.W.T. class. Sitting down, Noel didn't even try to take her wand out. She dumped their book on the desk with a loud thump and rested her hands on her chin as she shook her leg.

Harry sat next to her and bumped her shoulder. She gave him a small smile and whispered a greeting. "Hullo."

"Hey, have you been inspected yet?" He asked, pulling out his book and dumping it on the desk as well.

"No," Noel shook her head, "I'm nervous though, I'm supposed to be taking my classes discreetly. She's bound to notice and it'll be my head on the steak."

"I just had one, Trelawny. She was definitely intimidating, she walked around with a clipboard and asked Trealaweny to give her a reading."

Noel scoffed and rolled her eyes, "That's not how it works." Noel crossed her legs and arm, she leaned back in her chair, and threw her head back. "This year sucks, I wanted this year to be fun y'know? After all the stories my dad and... snuffles told us, I wanted to experience the same fun they had. Parties and drinking, sneaking out, getting a girlfriend, getting a boyfriend. Jumping into the lake, etcetera."

"Me too, all we have so far is detention and scars to prove it."

Noel smiled grimly and sighed. "I have a date."

Harry froze, "what?" He asked, his eyes wide.

"Exactly, I don't even know how. I met them a week ago!"

Harry tilted his head confused, "School just started, how do you have a date already? Who is it? If you don't mind me asking."

"Hunter Knight, you've probably seen him playing for Hufflepuff."

Harry didn't know what to say. "Oh! You really do have a thing for Quidditch players." He laughed nervously.

Noel gave a small laugh. "I'm into a lot of things. Quidditch players, girls, boys, people with green eyes..." Noel raised an eyebrow and finally turned to her book, leaving a gaping Harry to stare at her side profile.

"Noel," he hissed but he couldn't get anything else out because Umbridge had now walked in and the class had fallen silent.

Harry had gotten detention again. If Noel hadn't ripped him a new one for being so incredibly stupid and tempered, Angelina certainly did.

She cornered him just as he arrived at the Gryffindor table for breakfast on Tuesday and shouted so loudly that Professor McGonagall came sweeping down upon the pair of them from the staff table.

"Miss Johnson, how dare you make such a racket in the Great Hall! Five points from Gryffindor!"

"But Professor — he's gone and landed himself in detention again —"