Chapter One

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"Dad?" Noel calls, tugging at her dad's robes. They were at the station, he was silently looking at the train, mixed emotions running through his face, making it hard for Noel to understand what he was thinking.

He looks down at her and raises an eyebrow, "Jelly Bean?" He asks back playfully.

She huffs out a breath, "Are you going to get on or..." she trails off, and cocks her head to the train. He shakes his head as if ridding himself of unpleasant thoughts and grabs a hold of his trunk.

"Right, would you like to sit with me, or no?" He asks kindly as Noel follows him down the corridor. "I would like to sit with you," she says and smiles back at him as he turns to make sure she doesn't need help.

She sees his wary eyes, "I'm okay, let's just get you somewhere nice and quiet so you can rest.'' She says gently.

They make it to an empty compartment where her dad gently takes her trunk and puts it on the rack above, next to his own. They settle down comfortably, both on one side of the compartment. They had gotten to the station rather early, her dad wanted to make sure they found a good seat, so he could rest for the train ride to Hogwarts. It had been a full moon the night before, making him extremely tired so Noel was grateful the ride was as long as a full night's rest.

She pulled out her book, it was a little worn out around the edges and was full of her dad's annotations but she loved everything that he gave her so she settled comfortably and read her book as quiet snores filled the compartment.

A little while later the station was beginning to fill up with students and parents, she could hear the excited murmurs and reassurances that parents gave their nervous 11 year olds. As she looked out the window she spotted the familiar bunch of red heads and the two other members of the Weasley bunch.

Noel was in the same year as the golden trio, but in different houses. She had never talked to them, having severe social anxiety limits her to seeking out new conversations and she really only knows them by name, just like everyone else at the school.

She sometimes wished she had enough courage to get outside of her bubble to talk to one of them, or maybe not them specifically but just anyone in general, she doesn't have many friends, - or any friends for that matter. She had housemates, and school mates but not a true friend that she hangs out with on the weekends or outside of school hours.

Her father doesn't know of course, whenever the topic of friends comes up she brushes it off and starts to talk about something else because she remembers all the stories he would tell her, all the adventures and chaos he would get into, and just how much he loved Hogwarts. But it wasn't like that for her, she loved everything she learned and appreciated the materialistic aspect of it, but she doesn't have an emotional connection to the school, she's only in 3rd year so hopefully she grows to love the school just as much as her dad.