Chapter Twenty

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

During breakfast Asra had landed a little uncoordinatedly as he stuck his leg out for Noel to untie the letter from his foot. She untied it but held him tight so she could fix his feathers. He looked at her in as much appreciation as an owl can look and flew away.

She walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Harry.

"Letter for you." She handed him the letter and grabbed a knife and spread jam on the piece of toast that was on his plate.

Harry tore the letter open and read aloud what it said.

Be at stile at end of road out of Hogsmeade (past Dervish and Banges) at two o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can.

"He hasn't come back to Hogsmeade?" said Ron incredulously.

"It looks like it, doesn't it?" said Hermione.

"I can't believe him," said Harry tensely, "if he's caught..."

"Made it so far, though, hasn't he?" said Ron. "And it's not like the place is swarming with dementors anymore."

"Can I come?" Noel asked timidly. She had missed Sirius as well, well she missed Padfoot. The large dog had accompanied her all of last year and she missed him.

"Of course you can." Harry said definitely, he folded up the letter and took the last bite of toast from Noel's hand as they all got up to go to class.

Noel didn't have potions with them so she went her separate way to charms class.

Noel walked in and sat next to Nott who was her charms partner.

"You're in an article again." He murmured, staring down at his book.

Noel furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"Yeah, Skeeter again. Granger is the most prominent topic but your name is in there." Theo pulled out a copy of the Witch Weekly.

She skimmed through the page until she found what he was talking about.

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache
A boy like no other, perhaps — yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."