Chapter Fifty Seven

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"Hermione had been on my bloody arse about getting the memory from Slughorn but everytime I try to get some time with him he runs off! Honestly, how am I supposed to get it from him if he's scared of me!" Harry ranted frustratedly.

Noel stared at him blankly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Harry frowned. "Noel?"

Noel blew some hair out of her face and rested her chin on her hands. "I'm just trying to figure of how I feel for an idiot is all." She shook her head, disappointedly.

"Noel." He scowled. She laughed, "Oh, c'mon love. I can't spell it out for you, then it'll seem like you didn't put any effort at all."

Harry studied her face, and threw his head back. "C'mon tell me what that brilliant mind of yours has come up with. I'm seriously out of ideas here."

She leaned in closer, indicating for him to do the same. Their noses brushed, and Noel smiled sweetly, "What do I get in return?" She asked.

"My unconditional love?"

Noel sighed heavily, "I was thinking something more like... sex." She mouthed. Harry burst out laughing, Noel grinned, "No, no, fine. Harry James–"

"Yes."

"What did you receive your first potions lesson?" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. Harry, with a sudden realization, jumped up. "Liquid Luck!"

"Ding, ding, ding." Noel clapped, slowly. Harry bent down and gave her small kisses all over her face. Noel pushed his head away, laughing. "I think you have a professor to convince."

"Yes I do. Come on, you're coming with me." Harry hauled her up and the two  made their way to the common room where Ron and Hermione already were.

"I know how to get Slughorn's memory." He announced. His two friends looked up, waiting.

"Noel suggested I use Felix Felicis." Harry said simply. Noel sat on the love seat and waited for Hermione and Ron to say something.

"Of course! Why didn't I think of it?" Hermione said, sounding stunned.

"I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twelve hours' worth, it can't take all night... I'll just take a mouthful. Two or three hours should do it." Harry had been saving the lucky potion for something different in mind but as his friends and Dumbledore have made evidentially clear, getting  Slughorn's memory should be the perfect opportunity to use it.

"It's a great feeling when you take it," said Ron reminiscently. "Like you can't do anything wrong."

"What are you talking about?" said Hermione, laughing. "You've never taken any!"

"Yeah, but I thought I had, didn't I?" said Ron, as though explaining the obvious. "Same difference really..."

They lingered for a while in the common room, the plan being that Harry should go to Slughorn's office once the teacher had had time to get back there. When the sun had sunk to the level of the treetops in the Forbidden Forest, they decided the moment had come, and after checking carefully that Neville, Dean, and Seamus were all in the common room, sneaked up to the boys' dormitory.