Jaein smiled apologetically.

"It's fine. I'm curious though...what did Min say to you to make you stop liking him? And also apologise sincerely?"

"Ah, that..."

● ● ● ● ●

| January 27th, Wednesday, 2021 |

It was nearing night time and most people inside the building were either trainees, artists preparing for a comeback and company workers, but a few idols were still there.

"Jaein? Can we talk?"

He knocked on the door, getting the girl's attention.

"Oh, Minho! Hi! What 's up?"

She put the water bottle down and jogged to him.

"I want to talk with you, can we go somewhere else?"

"Uh...yeah?"

A little disoriented, Jaein followed the idol until they reached a recording studio.

"It's Chan's studio, he let me use it for the next 30 minutes."

He signed for her to get in and so she did.

"Oh, okay."

Jaein sat down on the left end of the sofa, as Minho sat on the right end's arm.

"So... may I know why you called me here? Does Annie know about this?"

"Do you wish she did?"

Her heart suddenly started beating faster, she didn't know whether she was getting flustered or nervous, but something was definitely happening.

"I mean, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to meet other girls in a tiny closed room."

"So you're not in favour of cheating?"

He raised both eyebrows.

"Of course not! Who is?!"

She spoke as if he was saying the most shocking thing in the world – well, it was surprising, but not for her.

"So if I say I want to date you, you'd say no, right?"

Jaein stared at him for a whole minute, trying to understand how they reached this point.

"Wha..t?"

"You like me, don't you?"

"Ye- I mean, no– Actually ye- what?"

Minho uncrossed his arms after sighing.

"Look. I appreciate you liking me, but I'd like you to stop trying to split me and my girlfriend apart. It won't happen. Ever."

All the butterflies inside Jaein's stomach suddenly disappeared and only a feeling of nausea was left.

"Did Annie tell you something? Ha, I knew she felt insecure."

He slid his tongue across his inner cheek before smiling lightly.

"You're lucky Haerim is much more mature than you. She came to me because you're sucking at your job as a leader because you're obsessed with a little crush. I'm here to tell you I have zero romantic interest in you. To be honest, I don't have any interest in you, I'm just putting up with your attitude because you're my girlfriend's team mate."

There was a moment of silence.

It seemed like realisation had finally hit her. That was definitely a rejection.

"I'm warning you, if you mess with Haerim again, you're going to hell. Even if I gotta take you there myself."

Minho glanced at her one last time before exiting the room.

___________________________________