newlyweds | devin booker

this one includes smut
and it's long
-

"y'all have fun! but not too much fun!" odell yelled out at the couple as devin started his car.

"thank you! love you!" solange blew a kiss the crowd of people seeing her and devin off.

"you ready my lady?" devin asked as he put the car in drive. the two of them had just gotten married and were on their way to their honeymoon.

"lead the way booker." she smiled and put her seatbelt on, slipping off her heels and throwing them into the backseat of his 1959 chevrolet impala, or as he liked to call it, 'pretty penny.'

devin put his foot on the gas and pulled off, driving towards the highway. the two of them stopped at a red light and devin grabbed his phone.

"baby." he spoke, connecting his phone to the car in a very quick manner.

"hm?" solange turned her head to look at him as she put her phone in her lap.

"i'm finna serenade you." he smirked and carefully picked out a song to sing for her.

"oh no..." she shook her head in embarrassment. devin loved to sing for her but the only issue was that he couldn't sing, at least not the way he thought he could.

"you know i can sing baby stop playing." he smacked his lips and sent a glare her way.

"i know you think you can sing but you cannot." she placed a hand on his thigh with a small smile on her face; one of those 'just smile and nod' smiles that is.

"how you hating on your husband like this?" he scoffed dramatically as she giggled.

"serenade me booker." she leaned against the door with a smirk on her face as she awaited his performance.

'make love' by chris brown began playing and solange couldn't help but burst out laughing. "this is the song you're gonna serenade me with? that's how you feeling dbook?" her eyebrows raised, looking over at him.

"hell yeah!" he exclaimed before clearing his throat and attempting to sound like chris brown, but due to his deep voice, he sounded completely off key.

"i sound good don't i?" he asked as an instrumental part of the song played, glancing over at her with a smile on his face.

"you sound beautiful baby." she spoke while trying to keep her laughter at bay, but she failed miserably.

"you're such a hater! watch this." he cleared his throat again and went to hit a high note, his voice cracking in the process.

"anddd you're done." she covered his mouth with her hand and turned the song off, causing the both of them to laugh.

devin turned down the volume as they pulled up to the tarmac his private jet awaited them. he parked the car and got out first, walking around to open the door for his wife.

"thank you." solange smiled up at him as she stood up and got out of the car. "you're welcome." he pecked her lips before she grabbed her dress and shoes from the backseat.

she had changed before the reception into a jumpsuit, and shorter heels, so she could dance freely.

"so, am i allowed to know where we're going?" she wrapped her free arm around his torso, looking up at him.

devin had kept their destination a secret from solange to keep her from stressing about what to pack. he also was taking her somewhere she'd been wanting to go for years.

"that would defeat the purpose of it being a surprise my love." he chuckled as the two of them walked up the steps that led to the jet.

"i guess..." she smacked her lips and playfully rolled her eyes.