reunited | jayson tatum

this was requested by aja so i hope you like it 🫶
-

you know those couples who peak in high school and everyone assumes that they'll be together forever?

that was jayson and aja.

they were high school sweethearts. from the moment jayson laid eyes on aja in grade 6, he knew she was the one for him.

and once she agreed to going with him to one of their schools dances, the rest was history.

they would go on to date throughout their high school years and even their freshmen year of college. it wasn't hard for aja to stay loyal to jayson considering they both went to duke.

but, apparently, it wasn't as easy for jayson.

he ended up cheating on her in the middle of their freshman year, causing them to break up.

eight years of support and love gone down the drain.

they lost contact and continued living their lives without each other.

that was until aja became a sports publicist and started working for jaylen brown, jayson's teammate.

————————————————————

it was game three of the finals and aja was currently sitting in the stands of the td garden.

today would be her first official day on the job and she was doing a pretty good job.

she had already secured jaylen a postgame interview and a brand deal for later in the month.

the team was currently practicing while aja was busy typing away on her laptop.

in the middle of responding to an email, a ball came flying at her, making her shut the laptop and duck.

she was not about risk having a broken laptop, even if it meant having a broken neck.

"oh shit! i'm so sorry! are you okay?" one of the players came running over to her.

aja, who was too busy trying to get the ball, didn't notice the male behind her.

"it's all good, i had a feeling that would happen." she held the ball in her hand, turning around to face them.

"i missed a shot and— aja?" the player, who aja would discover to be her ex boyfriend, lost his train of thought.

"hey jayson. here's uh your ball back." she awkwardly spoke, holding the ball out for him.

"what are you doing here? and when did you move to boston?" he asked, completely disregarding the ball.

"i work here! well not here necessarily but i work for jaylen." she placed the ball on the ground while smiling.

"really? wow. how are you? it's been a while."

"i'm good! how are you?"

"i'm good. honestly i'm a little in shock right now." he dryly chuckled, taking the moment in.

"small world huh?"

"yeah. i see you still love the game." he smiled, referring to their high school days. she was at every basketball game and could talk about the sport for hours.

"oh that was never gonna change." she chuckled, sitting back down and opening her laptop back up.

"can i talk to you after the game?" she already knew what the conversation was gonna be about and truthfully, she wanted the closure.