karma | gary payton ii

miss that man. real bad.
-

"if you need anything, just let me know!" kayla, one of the girls who worked at the front desk, waved as karma walked towards the arena.

"thank you so much!" she smiled and waved before walking away.

karma was starting her first day as the new portland trailblazers physical therapist. she was super excited and couldn't wait to get to work.

as she searched for her new office, she stumbled upon the head coach's office. deciding it would be nice to greet him, she knocked lightly on the door.

"come in!" a male voice yelled from the other side of the door.

she turned the knob and peeked her head in, seeing the man smiling at her.

"hey! you must be the new pt!" chauncey greeted her warmly as he stood up to shake her hand.

"i am! karma, karma moore!" she smiled and shook his hand firmly.

"it's nice to meet you karma! i assume you're looking for your office yes?"

"yeah. this arena is like a maze." she chuckled nervously, looking around his office.

"i understand. your office is three doors down from mine!" he pointed in the direction of her office.

"thank you so much!"

"the boys should be here in about ten minutes for practice if you want to meet them." he suggested politely.

"i'd love to! just let me get settled first." she gave him a soft smile, her arms growing tired from carrying her bag and folder.

"of course! welcome to the trailblazer family." he hugged her gently before she turned around to walk out.

"thank you!" she waved and left his office. she closed the door behind her and walked to her office.

her name was printed onto the door, making her smile. "karma moore. physical therapist. has a nice ring to it."

she unlocked the door and gasped once she opened it. she saw a bunch of equipment that she couldn't wait to use.

she sat her bag down on her desk and went to test out the chair. "ouu this is comfy." she spoke as she leaned back in it.

she grabbed her bag and pulled out her laptop and phone, placing them on top of the desk. she quickly shot a text to her mother to let her know she made it.

she then started to make a list of things she would need to make the space more like her. she also made sure to check on who her first patients would be.

"justise winslow, out with an ankle injury." she wrote on a notepad she had brought with her.

"nassir little, out with a hip fracture."

"and...gary payton, out with a core muscle injury." she finished and clicked her pen before placing it on top of the pad.

a knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. "the boys are here." chauncey smiled as she nodded and got up, following behind him.

"now if they give you any trouble, let me know." he warned as she nodded her head.

"i gotchu." she laughed as they walked onto the court.

"boys! there's someone i'd like you to meet." he announced to the team.

"since when did you have a fine ass daughter coach?" greg's eyebrows raised as he walked over to the two of them.

"she's not my daughter and even if she was, she would be nowhere near you." he glared at the 6'7 forward who was looking karma up and down.

"damn coach it's like that?" he placed a hand over his heart in a hurtful manner.