awkward | ben simmons

based off the sza song
this is not proofread so ntm...
-

"i'm sorry but being this sprung over some dick is crazy." ashley pat her head, trying not to scratch her scalp through her bonnet.

"ash you're supposed to be comforting me." isabella stone faced her.

"i am! i'm telling you what you need to hear!" she exclaimed in defense.

isabella was currently in her best friend's apartment, ranting about how she and ben haven't been talking.

ashley had been there throughout isa and ben's entire friendship. she was the one to help isabella realize she had feelings for ben.

"why do you think he's distancing himself?" ashley asked, leaning over her kitchen counter.

"because of me. i made it awkward." she frowned, feeling sulky.

"how?" she asked, looking side to side for the answer.

"i asked what happens now. what are we? and he just looked at me like i was crazy."

"i told you not to fuck him." ashley shook her head and sighed. it was true, she did warn her.

"ashley." she stone faced her in annoyance.

"i'm not good at this whole comforting and advice thing." she sucked in the air through her teeth awkwardly.

"no you're not." isa laughed in agreement.

"i think you should be the bigger person and reach out if you still want him in your life." she suggested, crossing her arms over her chest.

"okay now that was pretty good." the both of them laughed before starting their movie marathon.

——————————————————————

after calling and texting ben and not getting a response for days, isabella took it upon herself to go to his home.

she took a deep breath before knocking on the front door. ben walked towards the door and unlocked it, slowly opening it.

"hey isa." ben leaned against the door, nervously looking at her.

"hi benjamin." she gave him a fake smile.

"what are you doing here?" he asked, clearing his throat.

"i just wanted to make sure you were alive." she sarcastically spoke, crossing her arms over her chest.

"well i'm doing just fine." he chuckled, sensing some bitterness in her words.

"can we talk?" she asked, nervously biting her lip.

"sure. come in." he sighed and moved to side, letting her inside.

she sat down on his couch, waiting for him to sit down as well. "so you remember the last time i was here?" she placed her hands in her lap.

"how could i forget?" he sarcastically spoke.

"well i asked you something and you never gave me an answer." she sighed.

"isa you asked me what we were after we had sex. what did you want me to say to that?" ben chuckled in disbelief. truthfully, he did know what to say but was too afraid of her reaction.

"what we were! are we still friends? are we fuck buddies like what's going on?" she yelled, talking with her hands.

"you caught feelings didn't you?" he cut his eyes in her direction.

isabella went silent, biting her lip nervously. that was all the answer he needed.

"which is exactly why i didn't give you an answer. cause i knew you had gotten your hopes up." she had felt a little offended by what he was saying, even though it was true.

"okay but you could've given me an actual answer rather than just staring at me. and then letting me leave like an idiot." she threw her hands up in an annoyed manner before letting them fall in her lap.

"you're right but i truly didn't know how you would react." he explained, biting his lip.

"do you know what to say now?" she looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"yeah."

"what is it?" she ran a hand through her hair.

ben scooted closer to her on the couch before grabbing the side of her face and pulling her in for a kiss.

"and what was that supposed to mean?" isa pulled away, trying not to blush.

"it's pretty clear that we've crossed a line and we're more than friends."

"mhm." she chuckled and took a deep breath to give her body some time to regroup.

"i'm gonna take you out. on a real date." he placed his hand on her thigh, squeezing it.

"are you asking or telling?" she raised her brows at his words.

"i'm telling you." he sternly spoke, making her smile. "okay." she nodded, feeling all giddy inside.

"you know i really missed you." ben sighed and laid his head on her lap.

"oh yeah? you're the one who didn't answer my texts or calls." isa reminded him as she glared down at him.

"listen..." he trailed off, laughing a little.

"aht! there's no excuse." she shushed him by putting her finger over his lips. "i'm sorry baby." he pouted, making her squint at him.

"don't do that." she warned and pointed at him. he definitely knew the affect he had on her when he would call her pet names.

"do what?" he smirked, knowing exactly what he was doing to her.

"try to make me forget why i'm mad you." she blushed while snickering.

"i've done no such thing isa." he smiled before sitting back up and leaning against the back of the couch.

"yeah yeah." she waved him off as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"so, back to this date. i'm thinking movie and a fancy dinner." ben always tried his best to go all out when it came to her.

"sounds nice." she nodded in agreement. even though they weren't dating, she had always enjoyed their best friend dates.

"i'm thinking of renting out the whole movie theater." he grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"for what?" she chuckled in disbelief, looking back at him.

"so we won't be disturbed." he nonchalantly explained.

"tell me you're rich without telling me you're rich." she laughed and shook her head.

"what are you trying to say?" he chuckled and looked down at her.

"i'm saying you're boujee. we do not need an entire movie theater to ourselves benjamin." she pat his thigh with each word.

"i'm trying to give you the life of luxury baby girl." he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"you can do that in other ways, not through the movie theater." isabella grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"fine. but you're gonna have to get used to it eventually." ben kissed the side of her head, making her smile.

"i'll let you know when that day comes." she giggled and kissed his lips softly.

-

hiiii
this is a very sudden post but i felt bad for not updating so here you go 💋

the next one...is a smut...a jordan poole smut at that 👀
so prepare yourselves accordingly!

love u muchhhh 🫶