my man | quentin grimes

for the quentin girls out there 🫶
kaisyn is pronounced kay-sin
-

"kaisyn?!" the older woman spoke as she saw the young woman walk into the restaurant.

"in the flesh! how are you miss rosetta?" she smiled and immediately embraced her in a warm, tight hug.

"i'm wonderful now that you're here! it's been so long!" rosetta walked around the counter as kaisyn sat down in her usual spot.

kaisyn had been back in her hometown of houston, texas for a few days now and she felt it was only right to come visit her favorite lady, and get some good food while she was at it.

leaving the south as soon as she graduated high school, she had no intentions of being back home, unless it pertained to a holiday, a break, or a family birthday.

but she decided to come back for two weeks, simply because she had the free time. and because she missed her mother.

"i know! i see things are still the same here." kaisyn tapped her freshly done nails against the countertop, looking around the restaurant.

"for now. we're actually gonna be expanding soon." she explained as kaisyn's eyes widened in shock before speaking, "really?"

"yeah! we're finally moving into that building downtown." rosetta spoke, writing down kaisyn's usual order.

ever since kaisyn was a freshman in high school, she had been hearing about rosetta's dream to move her restaurant so she could get better business. and it was finally happening.

"that's awesome! i'm very happy for you. don't go all hollywood on me when business starts booming." she playfully warned as she pointed a finger at her.

"there are a select few people i would never forget and you are one of them." she explained, pointing to the small cork board behind her that was filled with photos of rosetta's favorite customers.

and of course, kaisyn was on it. many pictures of her throughout each year of her high school career were posted on the board, including the one from graduation.

she had come straight from graduation to eat some good food and miss rosetta had to get a good picture of her favorite girl and her diploma.

"i feel honored." kaisyn smiled as the woman handed her an ice cold glass of sprite, her favorite drink

"how is california treating you sweetie?"

"good. living by myself, got some good friends. truly have no complaints." she let out a peaceful sigh, loving the life she had.

"that's good! i always told you get out of this place." rosetta sighed. it was true; she knew how smart and capable kaisyn was and didn't want her to lose that because of this place.

"well it's a good thing i listened to you then."

"it is. here you go! you still eat ketchup with your fries?" rosetta placed a plate with french fries and cheeseburger, with pickles, ketchup and bacon, in front of her.

"yes ma'am. thank you." she smiled and grabbed some salt to put on her fries before putting some ketchup on the plate.

while kaisyn enjoyed her food and conversed with rosetta, she didn't notice the person who had walked into the restaurant.

"quentin? is that you?!" rosetta exclaimed and held a hand over her mouth in shock.

kaisyn turned her head towards the doors and staring at her was the quentin grimes, dressed in a simple white t-shirt, black shorts and low panda dunks.