Nim comes to favor Killer and bully Nightmare

Nightmare was staring at the door to his dorm, dreading the next time someone was going to open it. Dream and Nightmare's mother created a group chat and told them she was going to come see them today.

Nightmare did not want to see her.

Nim wasn't a bad mother to Dream, which is what Nightmare really cared about. She just wasn't a good mother to Nightmare. Not that anyone was overly nice to Nightmare, but Nim was... Nightmare squirmed. He let out a deep breath, and closed his eyes. It would be over by the end of the day. It's not like she was staying. And besides, she'd probably want to hang out with Dream more than Nightmare, so he didn't have to worry. He'd just have to say hi. He looked down at his hands and his face paled.

He still hadn't learned how to control it, but she was going to be such a bitch about it. He sighed and a knock sounded at the door. He would just have to say hi. It wouldn't be that bad. 

"Come in." And he saw her. He smiled, though his insides were turning. "Hello m-" 

"Hi." He made a face as if to say 'really?' "Oh, it's been too long, my dear." He cleared his throat.

"Have you... have you seen Dream yet?" 

"Oh yes. Him and Cross are finally together. So, I'm gonna give them the day to... you know..." Nightmare's eyes went wide. 

"Well, I actually have a lot of work to do, so..." She slumped down on his bed. Well... more like Error's bed. Error, thankfully, was out and about for today. She looked Nightmare up and down, and he mentally sighed, preparing himself. She gasped. 

"Oh my lord! Your body! You're normal again!" He closed his eyes and nodded. 

"Yeah-" Another knock sounded at the door. Confused, he opened it. Killer strolled in. Nightmare's eyes widened. Oh no

"Hello Nighty. I just finished my stupid, boring classes, and I wanted to come say hi." He looked at Nim and his eyes widened. He gasped. "Are you Nim? The Nim? The one who gave birth to these two se-" 

"Yes. She is. This is my mother. Mom, this is Killer, my-" 

"I'm his wife." Nightmare rolled his eyes. But Nim seemed positively delighted. 

"Oh Nighty Poo, you never told me you were married." Nightmare cleared his throat. 

"I'm not. Killer is just like that." Killer put his hands on his hips. Nightmare could feel a growl in the back of his throat. But he shoved it down. "Well, like I said, I have a lot of work, so-" Nim tsked him. 

"Oh, I'm sure that you can do it some other time. I would absolutely love to spend the day with my son and his wife. Wouldn't you dear?" She looked at Killer, and he got stars in his eyes.

"Oh, Nightmare, can we? You can find another time to do your work, right? I'll help you with it later." Killer was doing puppy eyes. Nightmare found out very quickly into their relationship that he couldn't say no to Killer when he was doing puppy eyes. He just couldn't. So he sighed. 

"Fine. But you have to help me later." Killer jumped up in the air, exploding with excitement.

Nightmare wanted to fade away into the wind, and disappear from the face of the earth. He wanted to float off into the wind, and never again see the light of day. Nim laughed and Killer elbowed Nightmare. 

"You never told me your mom was so funny." Nightmare tiredly smiled at him. It wasn't Killer's fault. Nim just had this... charm. She could say and do whatever she wanted, but she always hide it. She was bullying Nightmare, even now, but she wasn't openly mocking him. She was doing it secretly. Nightmare didn't blame Killer for not seeing it. It took Nightmare a really long time to see something was wrong.