Killer tries to cheer Dust up by setting him up- Also Ink is complaining

Killer noticed yesterday how sad Dust seemed. So, he was going to cheer him up by wing-manning him. Dust seemed to develop the smallest little crush on Blue, so he'd set them up. It couldn't be that hard, given that Blue was super outgoing and friendly. Killer shook his head and shoved another slice of pizza in his mouth. Dust was out right now, so he'd hook him up at lunch. They all had class right now, except Killer, who had a free period. He probably shouldn't be eating right before lunch, but he had a huge appetite. It was whatever, he only had a few more minutes anyway. When the bell rang, he bolted out of his room and down to the cafeteria. He was the first one there, which made him happy. After they assembled their friend group, they arranged a meeting spot for lunch. The rest of them showed up almost right after him, so he didn't have to wait by himself for a long time. They went to sit at the table they adopted as theirs. Dust still looked sad. Killer wasn't exactly happy, but hopefully his plan would work.

"So, Blue, are you talking to anyone?" The small skeleton stared at him for a second before he registered what he'd said. 

"Oh! No, not at the moment. Why?" Killer grinned and sat back. 

"Nothing. Hey, why don't you and Dust hang out? Like, how about on Saturday?" Dust choked on his water and stared at Killer.

"Don't listen to him. He's being stupid." Nightmare and Cross stared at Dust, concerned. 

"Why aren't you eating anything?" Dust just shrugged and pushed his food back. 

"I'm not hungry right now." Killer stared at Dust and he nodded. Killer happily grabbed Dust's tray and shoved food in his mouth.

"Well, if you want to, I'm not busy on Saturday." Dust flushed and looked down. 

"Sure. I don't have any plans anyway." Killer smiled triumphantly. He had successfully set up two people. Hopefully this would cheer up Dust.

Ink poked at his food. 

"Seriously? They have this garbage?" Dream shrugged. 

"It's really not that bad, Ink. I mean, it's not the best food in the world, but there are schools that serve way worse food." Reaper nodded. 

"Yeah, trust me. This is good." Ink cringed as he shoved another forkful in his mouth.

"Yeah, but it's gross." Geno eyed Reaper and slightly distanced himself. 

"It's not the best..." Ink nodded in agreement with Geno. 

"Exactly. Thank you." Error sighed. Ink didn't know why, but Error really reminded him of Glitch. Which was odd, because at the same time, they were nothing alike. 

"Can you quit complaining? I just want to eat in peace. Everyone just seems so intent on ruining that." He mumbled. Ink couldn't help but snicker.

"Yeah guys, stop complaining." Error stared at Ink, then looked away and grumbled. 

"Shut up Ink. You're the one complaining." Ink turned to Dream, offended. 

"Not true." Lust then budded into the conversation.

"I mean, I see why you are, but you are complaining." Dream slammed his hands on the table, which got everyone's attention. 

"The food is not that bad, okay?" Cross turned to Dream. 

"You good dude?" Dream sighed, frustrated. 

"No. Everyone is complaining about the food. It's not bad. Right?" Killer nodded as he shoved another bite in his mouth. 

"It's really not." Horror shrugged. 

"You should ask someone who's not biased. Dust, do you think the food's gross?"

Dust tensed. All the attention was on him. 

"Oh brother, look. If you mess this up, they'll leave you too. Better make the right decision." He could try to refocus the attention. 

"I don't know. Why don't you ask Cross?" Everyone just shrugged and went back to their conversations. Except Nightmare, who just stared at him. 

"Oh look. He cares. You're worrying your friends, brother. Why don't you try to reassure them? Oh wait, you can't." Dust looked at Nightmare. 

"Do you need something?" Nightmare slowly shook his head. But he didn't look away. Dust shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Yo, Kills, thanks for wing-manning me." Killer looked at him and nodded. 

"Your friends wouldn't care if they knew what you've done." He tried to ignore it.

He tried to just go back to talking to his friends.

But Dusttus wouldn't leave him alone. Dust would never be able to understand why he tormented him. Even though, deep down, he knew he deserved it.

Nightmare watched from under the bleachers as Cross talked to Dust and handed him a chocolate bar. When Cross walked over to Nightmare, he sighed. 

"I don't know dude. He seemed all weird about me giving him food. Now I get it. You think he's good?" Nightmare stared at where Dust once was before sighing. 

"No. Something's obviously wrong. I just don't know what. Or how to bring it up. Do you think I can just bring it up by asking him about it?" Cross shook his head.

"He'd probably just lie or avoid it. Maybe we should be a little concerned? Maybe ask Killer to watch him." Nightmare sighed and finally looked at Cross. 

"I don't think anyone thinks anything's wrong. Maybe he's just dieting and being weird about it. I'd give it a couple days. Wait until Saturday. Then we'll make our move." Cross nodded. 

"Okay. Are we gonna ask Blue to watch him?" Nightmare shook his head. 

"No. I don't think Dream's new friends are very discrete. He might make things weird and Dust might pick up on it. I have a feeling Dust is a lot smarter than he's letting on. We have to be careful. We don't want to put him on edge." Cross chuckled. 

"Are we seriously plotting against one of your children?" Nightmare glared at Cross. "No, you're right. That was unnecessary." But Cross didn't seem to regret his choice of words. 

"Maybe you and my brother should go on a date Saturday too." Cross lowered his eyes. 

"Screw off dude. Shut up." Nightmare sighed. It was a small victory.

Dust is so sad I feel so bad :(. Anyway, I feel like Ink would be that student to complain about everything. That's me tho lol. Plz eat if you're hungry. But school lunches do suck so... I'm also trying to make these chapters longer so theres more to read lol. Peace