35-Family over everything.

Omniscient.

Been surrounded by your love ones is one of the biggest blessings. Afiyah looked around her with a smile adorned on her face.

All her family members were here, since when they started having get together for the sake of A'idah, they didn't stop, they made it compulsory.

A family get together after every month.
The children are currently running about, the teenagers are taking videos at the same time Gisting, and then the younger adults are in groups talking about one thing or the other.
The older ones are also in their own group, discussing about their lives.

Afiyah's heart swell with love, her eyes glanced at her sister and her husband, Junaid.
Indeed her sister is lucky to have him in her life.

"A penny of your thoughts?" A deep voice said from behind her, startling her.

"Zafeer!"

"Yes hayati, what are you thinking about?" He questioned placing his hands on her waist, as they looked at their family members from upstairs.

She smiled as she saw Ayush yelling at poor khal while holding Fati's daughter (Ablah) "Nothing much, just thanking Allah for this blessing"

He nodded "we are lucky indeed" Zafeer said placing his head in the crook of her neck.

His mind wanders back to all the things they have went through, from the day he saw Afiyah, to the day he saw A'idah, taking her to the hospital, meeting their father, been separated from Afiyah and how they got married to having a daughter, helping A'idah recover with constant misunderstandings.

At least if anything is to happen to them today or tomorrow they know that for sure they have each other's support.

"Is mama Coming?"

Afiya nodded "she should be on her way together with Yusrah and Manir"

"Talking about Manir, what do you think is going on between him and Zarah?"

Zafeer shrugged "Siblings bond?"

Afiyah frowned "I don't think so, though they are always bickering but they is more to the story"

"You know they are not related by blood" she added.

"They is always more to the story" he said and Afiya snickered.

"Matchmaker"

"Whatever, let's go downstairs!"

"Yalla" he said allowing her to practically drag him.

"Desert is ready!" Afiyah yelled and soon everyone was munching on their own portion.

When Afiyah's mother came, she was somehow uncomfortable, but Umma and Amma been the kindhearted women they are made her comfortable and soon she was also talking freely with them.
Luckily for her Abduljalal was not around.

"Adda Afiyah" Zarah called out to her.

"Yes Sorella, what's the problem?"

(Sister)

"Tell Manir to give me back my necklace!" She said angrily.

"Manir give her back her necklace"

"I gave her the necklace fah!"

"Just because you gave me the necklace doesn't mean you can collect it anytime you dim fit!"

"Why won't I collect it when you gave it to someone else?"

"She just wanted to take a look"

Afiya sighed before giving Zafeer a look that says 'I told you so'

And he couldn't help but laugh, his daughter who was in his arms also laughed with him as if she understands what's going on.

At the end, they were finally happy, even though A'idah can't forget what her mother did to her, but for the sake of Afiya she was ready to try and let her in her life.

After all a mother's love can never be denied!
No matter how much hatred she shows, deep down she still loves her child.

But then A'idah has hidden scars, scars that are hidden forever, so also Afiyah has her own hidden scars, and they both choose to be quiet.

For what?

For peace and happiness in their family.

Because no matter how messed up you are they are others suffering more than you, just like the twins case, before A'idah came along, Afiyah felt like she was suffering more than anyone, but then A'idah came with something worse.

But After everything her fathers decision to get her married to her EX who saved her sister turned what to be the biggest blessing.

()
With a heavy heart.
Light outs😵💨

A short novel.........

Epilogue in the next chapter.

Reminder; Family over everything.

Reminder; there's no one like your mother!

𝘿𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙐𝙎𝙏𝙀𝘿!🥺❤️