5-Family.

Afiya

Family.

Since when I was a child, I never really know the meaning of this word. Family; A group of people that consist of the father, mother and their children and other extended relatives if any. Right?

Well I have been away from my family for years, even when my father was with me, Mama never let us leave like a family, a happy one.

But now after a month of living in my new home
I can finally say that I now know the meaning of the word 'Family'

Aman and Zarah became my new source of happiness, they are like a missing puzzle of my life, Zarah is always clung to my body, which I don't mind actually.

Aman and me have a lot of things in Common, he likes observing things around him just like me, he wears glasses and likes reading a lot, so mostly we end up together in the library reading at home.

And then Amma (mother); My step mother, she is the nicest woman I have met, she's jovial and beautiful, within this short period of time she became someone i trust a lot. She never treats me like a step daughter, in fact she even cried when she first met me.

I now stay in Abuja fully, making me stay close to the girls which am happy about, but I miss Manir and Yusrah, dad promise to take me to their house every month.

"Happy birthday in advance Adda Afiya" I smiled at Zarah before sitting beside her at the dinning table.

"One more day to go" Aman said.

"Morning dad, Morning Amma" I greeted the two of them with a smile a big one.

Happiness is also another thing I got to know the real meaning of while living with them

And then motherly love, Amma is a woman who displays all of her affections openly, when I first came here I was surprised at how she welcomed me, i can still remember vividly what happened.

Flash back (a month ago)

Dad packed his car in front of a two story building. The house was painted in a beautiful shade of Ash.
As we step inside the house, cold air from the air conditioner hit us.

The house looked cozy, the chairs were mostly ash or black, everything was calm, a sweet scent of air freshener lingers in the air. It felt like home.

Sounds of foot steps began to the descend down from the stairs, and then a woman and two children appeared.

I let out a small gasp as I stared at the two children in awe, they look just like, just that they are a fair version of me.

"Hello dear" the woman said, her voice cracking.

"Hello" I said timidly. Not knowing how to react.

"Am your mothe.....sorry I mean your step mother as people will call it.." she trailed up as a tear escaped from her eyes.

I stand near my father suddenly feeling emotional, a motherly love isn't something am used to, but seeing this woman displaying her love to me on the first day she is meeting me is new to me.

I did something I haven't done in a while,
I walked to where she is and wrapped my arms around, taking in her scent. She cried on my shoulder while I smiled, awkwardly patting her back.

I pulled back and looked at her "well I guess I will call it mother, who cares about what people think huh?" I said and she beamed before placing a peck on my forehead making me smile.

"Amma let us introduce ourselves please" The two children said at the same time.

Amma chuckled before nodding her head,

"Hello, am Zarah, am your younger sister and I know that I will be your favorite, and OMG we look alike,we have to snap lots of pictures together we will be the cutest sisters ever" Zarah blabbered and I laughed.

I kneel down in front of her before wrapping my arms around her.

"Hello Zarah, in Sha Allah we will be the cutest sisters" I said not really knowing what else to say.

She giggled "I like you already, you so beautiful" she gushed out making me laugh again.

"You so cute" I said and she chuckled, her laughter is angelic.

"This is not fair" the other kid said.

I stood up and went to him.

"Hello am Aafiyah"

"I know!! And am Aman, have heard a lot about you from dad and it is safe to say that me and you are gonna be besties" he said with a welcoming smile before hugging me.

I couldn't help but smile.

Finally I think I have found happiness.

But I was wrong, I did found happiness but I also found another person who dislikes me. I guess.....

Ya Junaid.

Amma's son from her first husband.

Hello guysssss

How are you all

How's the cold weather treating yah🍃🍃

Enjoy!!!!

>>Husnah🥀.