32

Luke

How would I describe this week? Tough. Emotional. Exhausting.
I got sleep where and when I could, so did Gabi, but in the end I had to ask Ashton to come over in the evenings and help out.

We'd been back to the hospital a couple of times, and things were improving, but of course the medicine was not as strong, and she was still quite uncomfortable for majority of the week. She was really emotional about everything, and her and Maddox had been arguing a bit because Maddox couldn't visit when Gabi wanted her to visit, and then when Maddox could come we were at the hospital. I knew it would be resolved, it was silly on Gabi's behalf, but she was sick, and in her very emotional and exhausted mind, her girlfriend should be visiting her.

Last night she had slept through the night, which meant I had too, so I did wake up in the morning feeling a lot more refreshed. She woke me up by climbing into bed, and shaking me, which did make my heart immediately start pounding until she smiled a bit.

"Ezra is at the support group tonight,"

"That's great. Does he want a lift?"

"I will ask... do you think mum can come home?"

"I think she would be delighted,"

"Sorry it's been more than a few days,"

"As long as you feel better, that's all that matters in the end,"

"Am I allowed to go to Maddox's flat today?"

"Yeah... is everything sorted?"

"Um, I think, but I wanna talk properly. I feel terrible,"

"We'll pick up some flowers and chocolate for her,"

"Can we cook her something instead?"

"Yeah, why not," I said, hugging her tightly, "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Eggs,"

"Eggs! You do feel better,"

"Petunia wants breakfast too,"

"Oh right, we had better get down to the kitchen then,"

"Can you carry me?"

She got on my back and I took her downstairs, sitting her at the table while I made her some eggs. I then got to work making Maddox some food so that it would be cool enough to take over, throwing together a vegetable chilli for her as goodness knows what she'd been eating.

Gabi got herself showered and dressed, then decided to do some makeup at the table, bringing everything down. I set the chilli aside to cool, and sat with her, drinking a decaff coffee.

"Can I do your makeup?"

"If you want,"

"Can you go and shave?"

"Just do it round my beard,"

"I don't like your beard, it makes you look old,"

"Well I like it, so I am not shaving it off, you can do makeup round it,"

"Fine," she grumbled, "Sit still,"

This was something we hadn't done in a while that we actually used to do a lot, once the drawing got boring. Her magazines sometimes came with makeup, and the guys always found cheap stuff for her to use. I guessed us being together for a few days alone had been nice, and it had allowed her to feel like she could hang out with me again. We didn't really do stuff like this much anymore- I understood a lot more why she was sad.

Though she had been feeling very sick, so most of the last werk had been resting, we had done some drawing, and painting, and even baked a cake when she had an hour of energy the other day. It was precious to me, and I hadn't realised how much we hadn't been doing these things until now.