22

Seoul, Korea
Silence filled the car on their way home from the airport, but the scenery of the city where they call home welcomed Lisa with both excitement and emptiness.

Jungkook is forever typing away on his laptop, totally and completely giving whatever it was that he was doing his undivided attention.

None of them wanted to break the silence that was slowly deafening them both, it's better no one says anything than to say the wrong thing.

The past two days have been like that, no one wanted to initiate any conversation and no one wanted to intrude in the other's business.

News had come to Jungkook that Taehyung was already back in Seoul, so that was one burden half lifted from his chest as he does not have to be so conscious of his wife's moment.

All he has tried to occupy his mind with this entire journey back was the Hong Kong contract which he was going to receive the moment he arrives at BRC Inc, so he's been busy working on new ideas and all.

Lisa on the other hand couldn't wait to unburden and take a nice long bath, so it was much of a surprise to her that instead of arriving home, they arrived at BRC Inc.

Also, Cyrene didn't seem so surprise to see them at all, making Lisa wonder why her mother had summoned them so urgently without letting them rest from their flight first.

And also the seriousness on Jungkook's face reviled a little about the fact that they must have been summoned by Cyrene, and it's not just a courtesy visit to announce their return.

Cyrene welcomes them and offered them seats on the couch, so they obliged. She was a bit on nerves, but also excited to hear about the details of how their honeymoon went, as though she was that close to either her daughter or her son-in-law.

"So, how was the Caribbeans? Hope you both had plenty of fun?" Cyrene asked excitedly, making Lisa a bit uneasy.

When both Jungkook and Lisa hesitated in answering, she grabbed the telephone that was on the glass side stool beside her and called her assistant to come serve wine from the fridge to them, but Jungkook interrupted.

"There'll be no need for that Mrs Brüschweiler. I only came here to let you know that I have kept my own part of our deal, and hope you'll keep to your word." Jungkook blatted out, causing a confused brow-raise on Lisa's forehead.

"Deal? What deal is this? And why was it so important that we had to come straight here from the airport, mom? Can't you both discuss business some other time?" Lisa questioned.

She was wondering what the deal they made was about, and why it was so important to Jungkook that he just had to come straight from the airport to BRC Inc on their arrival.

She truly was exhausted and all she just wanted was a warm bath and at least four hours of rest from everything.

If only her eager mother knew what ordeals she had to go through on her honeymoon, this their small forced-reunion would end faster than anyone could say 'tell me all about it'.

"Nothing you need to worry about darling, just a little business I have with your husband, that's all." Cyrene defended rather anxiously.

"Little business, you say? May I remind you that the Hong Kong contract isn't a small matter, and I certainly hope you haven't forgotten your promise to give it to me if I successfully–" Jungkook commented but was interrupted rudely.

"I know what I promised! No need for you to state the obvious." Cyrene stated agitatedly but still tried to be graceful about it.

Jungkook was trying to understand why Cyrene wasn't trying to be upfront with him. He was beginning to feel like she was about to go back on her word, and that he wouldn't stand for.