10

'I knew it', Cyrene thought, someone in the Verc was giving out informations that only she should have knowledge of.

She admits that Jungkook was a clever young man, and for him to expose the fact that he knows of the Hongkong contract means he wants to make a deal, which also means he's still aware of the length of her authority over the Local and International Market in this region, but he's too proud to make a bargain.

"Are you certain about that? Well, I don't know how you managed to get your hands on one of Verc's top secret contracts but, the Hongkong contract will go to the company with a more liquidize assets." Cyrene spoke with a poker face, not breaking eye contact with him for once.

Jungkook
She was intimidating, that fact is not over exaggerated. No wonder she is called South Korea's business queen. But I'm not one to be easily intimidated by anyone, especially not in business.

She knew that if I decide to push through and run this contract all by myself, I had a high chance of bagging it, but she would not let that happen.

For the sake of her pride and ego she needs to tame me somehow. Jeon Corp. was slowly escaping her clutches, and having a rogue powerful group of companies like mine is not going to help her position at all.

"But I can make exceptions. You are my son-in-law after all, and I care a lot about Jeon Corp. So I'm willing to compromise for your sake, because believe me or not Jeon Corp can't do much without my help. So, take my offer. Leave the Jeon mansion and move into your new home, take my daughter on the honeymoon and let her have a good time. Relax and be rest assured that when you get back, the Hongkong contract will be sitting on your desk." Cyrene said proudly.

I starred straight at her surprised. South Korea's business queen, Cyrene Brüschweiler I knew never mixed business with pleasure. So, she's either very desperate right now or she's planning to trap me in between somewhere.

She's asking me to relax? It has to be a plot she and her daughter have drafted to try and get me closer to that devious wench.

"Is this some kind of game to you. You trapped me with your daughter, you desecrated my late wife's memories by forcing me to marry your other daughter, and now you want to force me to love her? I thought Lisa was the worse but I was wrong, you are. Maybe you haven't noticed but, I don't mix business with pleasure. I'll treat my new wife however way I seem fit. I don't often repeat myself, but I'm saying this for the second time. You would regret your decision of making a mockery out of my emotions. Lalisa is dead to me, and the moment she married me was the moment she signed the end of her happiness–" I ranted but was rudely cut off.

"So, you would let your family murder her the same way they did your beloved Lyanna? I see... I thought you could redeem yourself if I gave you another chance for repentance... My Lyanna was murdered by your parents! Or... I'm I being too far-fetched. Maybe you would believe it if I said you killed her instead, Hmm?" Cyrene accused vehemently.

I was utterly dumbfounded by her accusation. I wasn't shocked at the fact that what she accused my family may be true or false, I was shocked at the fact that her accusation was the most preposterous thing I've ever heard. Why would my parents want to kill Lyanna? And if it's true, wouldn't keeping Lalisa away from me and my family be the right action to take? Could the rumors be true that the shock of losing Lyanna must have tampered with Cyrene's mental health?

"And why would my parents kill Lyanna? What could they possibly gain from her death?" I asked sarcastically.

"Complete control of Jeon Corporation? The ungratefulness of your folks, their greed and lack of integrity caused the death of my daughter somehow. I choose to keep things on the low because I hoped that you didn't have a hand in her death, but it seems I might need to start doubting you as well and do the needful." She threatened calmly while looking away from me for the first time today.