107. Queen of Hell

I Think He Knows / Viserys Targaryen out now!

''Here I am, trawling the city, ever the good soldier in search of a wastrel who's never taken half an interest in his birthright." Aemond remarked as they walked. 'Tis I the younger brother who studies history and philosophy, it is I who trains with the sword, who rides the largest dragon in the world. It is I who should be..." Aemond went on but Criston stopped walking staring back at him

'' I know what it is to toil for what others are freely given.'' Criston remarked.

" Mm... And we can't find him, Cole. You are a decent man with no taste for depravity." Aemond said stepping closer to Criston. "His secrets are his own... and he's welcome to them. I'm next in line to the throne. Should they come looking for me, I intend to be found." Aemond assured him.

"I want to be king... how many of you do I have to kill-" Jaeton laughed out. "I'm sorry, that was a lie. I dont want to be king. And I wont kill you, Aemond." 

"I would like to see you try." Aemond mused. 

"Really?" Jaeton countered as they headed on their way. 

"No." Criston declared. 

+

''He was fleeing from the gate.' Larys informed Otto.

''Do you know who I am?" Allun asked incredulously as he forced himself from the knights harsh grip.

'' A warning for the Princess, I'd wager.'' Larys went on ignoring Allun.

"What say you?" Otto asked, a fire raging behind him as he stared down Allun. He didn't need deserters.

'' The Lord Confessor presumes....' Allun corrected defensively.  ''I have no love for the Princess.''

''And where were you going then with such urgency?'' Otto countered and Allun said nothing. He took this as a sign of guilty. "Let the King's Justice take him." Otto instructed and he was dragged away kicking and screaming out.

"Let go of me! No! This is not right!"

" You did well, Lord Larys." Otto said calmly and Larys nodded his thanks.

"I will make you..." Allun's words drifted off as he got farther away.

" Only my duty, my Lord Hand." Larys offered.

"Who do you think you are?" Alluns voice wavered faintly from afar.

" You've spent many hours with Aislynn of late." Otto remarked stiffly.

" There's no reason those hours could not, in the end, benefit you." Larys informed him, rocking his cane gently on the ground at his feet. 

"I know you are family... ish." Otto offered. 

"Aislynn is my family but not only that she is a dear friend." Larys remarked. "I will do everything I can to make sure my family is safe." Otto nodded in agreement. 

+

Viserys was wrapped, his face and body covered in fine cloth, his crown placed upon his stomach. Alicent wept over him, before taking a deep and steading breath.

"He was like a grandfather... you tended him to, took care of him... you were a good wife." Aislynn assured. "A great nurse, I dont care what Rhaenyra and Daemon said. They left and you took care of him. You are a good woman Alicent. A great queen." 

"Thank you Lynnie." Alicent whispered. "Now, I have to speak to Rhaenys."

"I will be just a moment." Aislynn remarked as Alicent headed out. She waited until the door closed before flipping viserys off. "Gods I wish I could have tormented you more when you were alive for the shit ways you treated my sister. But I suppose you burning in hell will have to be enough. But be sure you worthless muppet of a man that when I get to hell I will be the damn queen and hell before me will seem like a damn paradise." Aislynn composed herself and looked to a smirking Clayton sucking on a lollie pop in the doorway.